What does this mean?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Sorry for another post on the same problem but maybe I can get some opinions on what happen today.

So I put the car up in the air today....

If I hold the passenger wheel and spin the drivers wheel, I get a hollow metal on metal pop in the diff. As I spin the wheel, the drive shaft will have the same pop in it as the diff.

If I spin the drivers wheel forward and reverse I will hear a pop again inside the diff. The faster I do it the louder the pop.

I get none of the same reactions out of the passenger side.

While holding one wheel and trying to spin the other, it takes some effort to get it to spin.

Driving down the road it sorta feels like a resistance holding the car back. Feels kinda like im all over the road(may be just in my head.)

Driving down the road I have a very loud whaaooo whaaooo whaaooo. The faster I go the louder it gets. Seems to go away on decell. If I hold the same throttle position, when it making this loud noise, if I press the clutch in the noise goes away.

Name that promblem!

Seriously thanks to anyone that help. This is killing me, and driving me nuts. Id like to take it to someone to look at but I am a little short on cash at the moment, so it would be nice if I could figure it out on my own.

The car is an 04 Cobra, IRS bushings, IRS brace, FWD TQ Brace.

Users who are viewing this thread