What Does This Say About Ram SRT 10

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I found this on a Viper site. What does this tell you about the competition? Thanks.
Bowling Green update ([email protected])
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a quick update. With just my home made cold air intake, no tailgate, wing and spare, I made a first pass of 13.486,103.18mph, 2.215 60'. Second pass was 13.341, 103.14, 2.101. I was still hitting the rev limiter right at the line. Thinking my driving needed improvement,asked my friend Tom of BTR Performance to give it a try. It was his first time ever to drive the truck but he is the Viper street tire king running a 10.43 on Pilot Sports in his Viper. His first run was 12.730@ 107.19! No kidding. 60 ft. was 1.846. Tomorrow, we are going to go ahead and spray ~100 shot (still on factory tires) and go for an 11. Tom is a great driver and thinks he still has .2 on motor because he smoked the clutch. David Boggs is making a DVD of the event and all 3 runs were recorded as will tomorrows runs. Great news huh? Tell your friends! SRT is King! More tomorrow.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Very impressive. I wonder how many drivers of his skill level I'll run in to at the track?

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
So let me get this straight......I pay 56,000 for this truck then have to hire a driver just to get it keep up with my L which almost cost half the price.

Derek2001

Established Member
I personally find it odd that the owner ran consecutive 103.xx trap speeds with a higher 60ft, which would mean he was spinning-stretching the track. Then the other driver gets in and hits 107.xx with a lower 60? Anybody else find that odd, last time i checked when my 60's are lower so are my mph. Anyways, later

jasil

Established Member
Originally posted by Derek2001
I personally find it odd that the owner ran consecutive 103.xx trap speeds with a higher 60ft, which would mean he was spinning-stretching the track. Then the other driver gets in and hits 107.xx with a lower 60? Anybody else find that odd, last time i checked when my 60's are lower so are my mph. Anyways, later

Driving a manual is all about how fast you shift. Powershifting can drop E.T's by .5 seconds and add to the trap.

Derek2001

Established Member
i've owned 5spd mustangs and raced them-well aware of it. 4mph is quite a lot to me anyways. its not like the owner of the truck cant drive it either, he has a viper and has had the truck for a good amount of time. anyways later

quicksvt954

Established Member
i already beat a srt-10 ram check my post. he blamed it on his sticky tranny but its brand new. o well i thought i was gonna get killed but i guess not.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Originally posted by LightningForce9
It doesn't matter, the truck will rattle, squeak, and shake itself to death just like every other chrysler product made, except the mercedes.
Apparently you've never been in a new Mercedes. I traded our perfect 01 BMW last year for a new Mercedes and have regreted it ever since.
Total POS/PIC Only car I've ever owned with poorer build quality was both of my 99 Cobra's. At least Ford gave me a leather coat as a consolation prize for buying them.

Last edited:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I donno... I've found that there are quite a few guys out there with the money for powerfull cars & trucks. But they don't really know the finite points of driving. Shifts points too high / too low.. off the line traction.. ect..

I've personally run other peoples cars for them and they can't figure out how I got 3mph more out of it than they did. I donno I just try to 100% understand the launch & motors peak hp rpm. Then I get myself all worked up and make it happen. Kinda John force like ;)

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread