What does your Air Raid CAI sound like?

Justin81

Established Member
Guys I have noticed a sound that I need to pinpoint. It's very possible that it's the Air Raid but I just didn't notice it before.

I only hear the sound under light to medium throttle. It sounds like air is blowing through a small vacuum line almost making a faint squeaking sound. It definitely has to do with under throttle condition and it really appears to be coming from the drivers front. I did just have everything apart and installed a Nitrous kit. I'm thinking I didn't tighten something all the way. Also, the tune seems to be off. I'm showing 1.5-3* of KR which I didn't have before. That could be bad gas or the really humid weather. I need to narrow this sound down before moving on though.

Thanks

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Any sharp edges in the intake tract will produce the high pitch whistle. Does the nitrous kit have spray bars that mount to the throttle body?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
mine does it to. I think its just the sound of air going by the throttle blade at a certain angle.
my 12 had a jlt cai and it did the same thing.

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Bump to the top.

I have a buddy with the same car. '13 M6, same exhaust, same Air Raid CAI and same Tune. I drove in his car. It's quiet with no hissing at all. We opened my hood and revved it and the CAI is obnoxious loud.

Anyone else with an Airraid CAI? Does your make a ton of noise? With the windows down and driving on a quiet night I can hear it hissing all over town and it's pretty annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread