What exhaust setup should I go with

Red Rhino

Established Member
whats up everyone, I hope everyone is doing fine.I wanted to ask the you guys/gals what exhaust setup(H/X) I should go with sound being priority and power second.I have a completely stock 01 cobra and looking to finally do alittle customizing.What brand do you guys/gals think is good and how much money can I expect to spend in parts and labor since am going to have someone else install it.Thanks you guys/gals for your time and imput and drive safely :burnout:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i have a bassani offroad xpipe with a bassani cobra catback with bassani street competition mufflers. the thing SCREAMS throughout the rpms! u can get a bassani o/r xpipe for like $150-200, and the catback you can get from www.houstonperformance.com for $598 shipped. you wont be dissappointed with the sound and the POWER!

-marek

simpman

game artist
Established Member
I have Bassani high flow Xpipes and it sounds awesome. I'm about to add the Steeda Catback soon, but I highly recommend Bassani, but it is pricey.

therunyan

Established Member
$.02 in favor of the Magnaflow X and Cat-back. Stainless end to end, mandrel bent, fully adjustable cannons, great sound, and about $375 for the cat-back, a bit less for the X pipe.

97whitecobra

Established Member
One more for Bassani here, the quality is excellent and sound is great also. It's definately between Bassani and Magnaflow though! IMO

shadowland2000

Established Member
Is that Glendale Calif. I dont think mechanics are allowed to take off the cats in this state, so I would just get a great catback. If drone isnt an issue for you, Magnaflow is a great deal.

Scott Kim

Established Member
Originally posted by shadowland2000
Is that Glendale Calif. I dont think mechanics are allowed to take off the cats in this state, so I would just get a great catback. If drone isnt an issue for you, Magnaflow is a great deal.

i think the exceptions to this are unless they're damaged, no longer functional, or over ~75,000 miles

there's always a loophole :thumbsup:

step 1: raise car
step 2: pick up sledge hammer
step 3: . . . . . you can figure this out. . .
step 4: use a file to make scraped gouges to make it look like you scraped on a bump
step 5: install shortie headers (CARB legal in CA)
step 6: install H-pipe (with or without cats) usually both - w/cats to pass emissions next time

Last edited:

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by mtp166
u can get a bassani o/r xpipe for like $150-200

-marek

are you kidding me....? 150-200 bucks? you cant get them for that new. you are lucky to find offroad bassani x for 150 bucks used... i know for fact high flow cat is cheapest ive seen is 440 shipped. and cheapest ive seen offroad one is like 300shipped. maybe could find someone to beat it by 25 bucks or so but certainly not a 100!

Mach0ne351

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
are you kidding me....? 150-200 bucks? you cant get them for that new. you are lucky to find offroad bassani x for 150 bucks used... i know for fact high flow cat is cheapest ive seen is 440 shipped. and cheapest ive seen offroad one is like 300shipped. maybe could find someone to beat it by 25 bucks or so but certainly not a 100!

then u have no idea how to shop :) got mine for $187 SHIPPED! brand spanking new! sucks to pay more....thats why i never do :burnout:

-marek

01BlackSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by mtp166
then u have no idea how to shop :) got mine for $187 SHIPPED! brand spanking new! sucks to pay more....thats why i never do :burnout:

-marek

well, then, give up the info! :beer:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
well, u just got to keep ur eyes open on all the forums, especially this one.....and svtoa.com. i got mine there, brand new, never used, $187shipped. i do agree that u will never find a distributor that will sell a bassani o/r x pipe for less then $250, but just keep ur eyes open, and youll find one within a week or two.

-marek

99SVTcobraVERT

you got a STEAL from private individual, which means they cant be had for 187 shipped all the time. i have found all kinds of things for steals but they are once in blue moon type. granted internet is wonderful thing but dont go filling someone's head with info that they cant use. because if he goes looking for new bassani off road x for 150-200 bucks he will be laughed out of town and/or branded a low baller.

99SVTcobraVERT

notice the qty: of 1 and only on his in stock items because most likely they have been sitting there for quite sometime and he has to move them. and THEN how much is shipping for an x pipe... not cheap... at least 30-40 if not more... when i shipped my old bbk offroad X to TX just for the size of it more than weight it cost me 60bucks. so add that just 40 and you are back at 250. like i said once in blue moon but NEVER all day every day for 150-200 bucks total cost....

Users who are viewing this thread