What firearm to buy?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I can't seem to find a Leader Arms AR-12 locally (Don't want to deal with FFL transfer PITA) & Saiga 12s have gone up in price more than I can justify. So I'm thinking just buy something else for now.

Unless it's a .308 bolt-action rifle, it must be semi-auto.
I am open to pistol caliber rifles too. I did enjoy the Beretta CX4 Storms I had in the past.
Don't need another AR right now. (I plan to build a 20" barrel AR later)

Never_Enough

Established Member
so you want a shotgun or rifle?
Only a Leaders Arms AR-12 or Saiga 12 if shotgun. Looks like the VEPR is the only other mag fed semi-auto shotgun. I loved my Saiga 12, but they have shot up in price too much IMO so that is why I have been looking for a Leader Arms.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
Only a Leaders Arms AR-12 or Saiga 12 if shotgun. Looks like the VEPR is the only other mag fed semi-auto shotgun. I loved my Saiga 12, but they have shot up in price too much IMO so that is why I have been looking for a Leader Arms.
Black Aces Tactical?

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
For those of you that have Academy's in yalls states, I have an unhealthy habit of taking advantage of their weekly deals. Speaking of .308 bolt rifles, I recently picked up a Tikka Hunter .308, that thing is like a Lambo compared to my Remington 700 models. That may be one worth looking at, if you can find one on sale.

For a shotgun that will hardly ever get fired, I'm going to get this for the house, on sale of course, http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/har...ardner-protector-12-gauge-pump-action-shotgun. Surprisingly the reviews are better than I expected.

Every man should own a 30-30 lever action.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a lot of rifles and hand guns. By far the best lever action rifle I have is by Henry arms. I also have a Marlin 30/30 and .45 that are in the lever action family. I actually put the Henry up against everything that I own. It's the only firearm I own that I haven't had to take a file to or machine in some way to make it feel and work smooth and perfect.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Benelli M4
6b0d384c399d8a4f07ae65e159e20ff4.jpg

Definitely concur there!

If you're looking for a non-AR chambered in .308 I would recommend the Galil Ace. Just bought mine and I love it. One of the most ergonomically comfortable and right out of the box with no adjustments to the sites I was hitting a 12in steel target that had tipped over so only about 2in of it was showing. At about 70yds in low light I was repeatedly pinging it from the standing. It's an AK but it feels and shoots like an AR10.

12e8b41d15d019c2073824b06accad90.jpg

8f16ae0427a2e8b96f2b395ccaeb2a4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
Nice guns, but no way I'm spending $1500+ on anything. Apparently, firearm prices have skyrocketed since the last time I bought something. I wanted to keep it around the price of the Leader Arms AR-12. Otherwise, I'll just keep waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread