What fuel setup for KB 2.6?

10-43 This 03

Established Member
I currently have a 03 Cobra with 2.6 Kenne Bell,60lb injectors,factory pumps, and KB BAP. I'm currently runnning 3.5" upper/4lb lower and I saw 23 pds of boost on the dyno yesterday. My fuel is MAXXED OUT right now and I need to know exactly what fuel setup I should go with. Lethal has the 1 upgraded FPDM,2 GT pumps, and PPRV delete. Will that be sufficient? I'm gonna try to drop back down in boost to around 19/20 pds. Do I need the duel FPDM or is the upgraded single good enough. I dont have a lot of money so I want to be safe as cheap as possible if that makes sense. I figured that kit from Lethal would be good enough and if its not I can still add my current BAP to the setup.

**I tried the search function but it didnt give me the info I was loking for. Looking for info particular to MY setup.**

svt2ner

Established Member
If youre dropping the boost down might as well leave it alone since thats cheapest. dual gt pumps requires at least modified fpdm but dual fpdm (cheap to make on your own vs convenience of buying) is better. No point going gt pumps unless you drop the cash for a fore hat and if youre going to do that might as well get bigger fuel line, fuel filter, and fittings while your at it.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I'd recommend going with a Fore hat, dual GT pumps, and a dual FPDM setup. I've been running this same setup for nearly a year with my Whipple setup and it works like a champ...:beer:

Last edited:

10-43 This 03

Established Member
I'd recommend going with a Fore hat, dual GT pumps, and a dual FPDM setup. I;ve been running this same setup for nearly a year with my Whipple setup and it works like a champ...:beer:

What do you think about Gt pumps, 1 modified Zone 5 FPDM from Lethal, and my current 40 amp BAP? Will 1 modified FPDM be sufficient. I know 2 would be better but this is not a drag car, just a Sunday driver and occasional racer. I get on it a fair amount but I dont do any top gear runs or anything. This car for me, is more of just a dream/fun car. I just want it where I can run it a the track if I want to without having to worry about losing fuel up top. I meen later I will move up to the FORE hat and other stuff but I need something to get there unitl i have the money for that.

svt2ner

Established Member
gt pumps is pointless without the fore hat, you will have to modify the stock hat which is way too much work involved and not reliable.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
What do you think about Gt pumps, 1 modified Zone 5 FPDM from Lethal, and my current 40 amp BAP? Will 1 modified FPDM be sufficient. I know 2 would be better but this is not a drag car, just a Sunday driver and occasional racer. I get on it a fair amount but I dont do any top gear runs or anything. This car for me, is more of just a dream/fun car. I just want it where I can run it a the track if I want to without having to worry about losing fuel up top. I meen later I will move up to the FORE hat and other stuff but I need something to get there unitl i have the money for that.

I have some friends that have been running the GT pumps with the stock hat for several years now and don't seem to be having any problems with this setup. However, it does require that you drill additional holes in the hat and sealing can be problem. Also, the wiring in the stock hat is not up to the task of supplying power to the GT pumps when they are ran at full capacity for anything more than short periods of time. Thus, I'd highly recommend getting a Fore hat to go along with the GT pumps. Just my 2 cents.:beer:..

10-43 This 03

Established Member
I know that I need the FORE hat. I was kinda wanting someone to talk me out of it cause I just don't have any money right now but I will do the new HAT. Now, will 1 modified FPDM be good enough. I know 2 would be the best but from what I have read 1 modified FPDM will work without any problems.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
stock hat and pumps, -8an fuel line upgrade to stock rail, pprv delete, bap with wire upgrade. Cheapest/highest hp system up to about 650-675rwhp std. After that I am going to recommend the fore RETURN setup which I am really going to tell you to get any way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread