What gears will work best with nitrous?

96whitelightnin

Established Member
I have an 03 GT with all the typical boltons and im purchasing a zex wet kit for it. The only bolt on i havent done yet is gears. What gears would work best with the spray? Im going to be launching off of the nitrous and im going to get the car tuned for a 125 shot. I was thinking the 3.73's would be better for launching off the line in 1st bc 4.10's first gear goes by really quick. I drove my friends gt with the 4.10's and it was nice, but i think for use of the nitrous they wouldnt work as well as the 3.73's. What do you guys suggest? I know 4.10's are the best bang for the buck but i feel they are best for an all out n/a car.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
How often are you actually racing it? I ran my fastest ET on a 100 shot with my stock gear (7.9@87), but fastest MPH with my 4.30's (8.1@88). I'd go with the 4.10's, much more fun for daily driving.

96whitelightnin

Established Member
How often are you actually racing it? I ran my fastest ET on a 100 shot with my stock gear (7.9@87), but fastest MPH with my 4.30's (8.1@88). I'd go with the 4.10's, much more fun for daily driving.
I go to the track about 2-3 times a month. They have test and tune every friday night at the track I usually go to. Sounds like your having traction issues.
no less gear than 4.10

Thats what everyone seems to be saying. Do you think ill be able to launch off the spray fairly easily with some slicks (hoosier QTP's) ?

Users who are viewing this thread