what happens at meps?

mustangkid05

Established Member
I go there tomorow to take the asvab and all the medical stuff. But besides that stuff what else do you do there?
thanks

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I just got back. I went on a friday/saturday.

I showed up friday night. Took the ASVAB test. Took maybe like an hour and a half or something. Not long at all. They handed me my score and then took me to a hotel. They pay for the room, dinner, breakfast, and transportation.

They woke me up really early saturday and I went in. First they perform a breathalyzer on you. Draw your blood to test for HIV. Piss test for drugs. Full body physical. Ask you about your history (if youve tried drugs etc etc). If everything checks out, you sign your contract and youre worn in. The whole thing took from about 7am-1pm. Really boring. But yeah thats basically exactly what happened.

mustangkid05

Established Member
I just got back. I went on a friday/saturday.

I showed up friday night. Took the ASVAB test. Took maybe like an hour and a half or something. Not long at all. They handed me my score and then took me to a hotel. They pay for the room, dinner, breakfast, and transportation.

They woke me up really early saturday and I went in. First they perform a breathalyzer on you. Draw your blood to test for HIV. Piss test for drugs. Full body physical. Ask you about your history (if youve tried drugs etc etc). If everything checks out, you sign your contract and youre worn in. The whole thing took from about 7am-1pm. Really boring. But yeah thats basically exactly what happened.

thanks for the info bro, kind of looking forward to it

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You will be bending over naked trying to touch your feet in front of a bunch of guys doing the same thing. Then squat down and walk

MikeW

Established Member
My MEPS trip included the medical "stuff" and taking the oath when the medicals were complete. I did get my basic training date and location as well. In addition, I obtained my first school location and assignment. It will be a long day but nothing major will go down.

GOOD LUCK :beer:

mustangkid05

Established Member
i appreciate that, i think dusten clarified everything for me, except do you enlist at meps also?

badazzar15

Banned
MEPs sucks. I was there at 0430 and didn't get out until late than night. Spread your cheeks sucks. Some guy got yelled at in front of me for not cleaning, haha. Your pretty much in boxers the whole day in a freezing cold room

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
When I went in '03, you just do the "duck walk" in front of other guys in your boxers. Then you go individually to see the doc for the bend over part.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
mustangkid, if you have any specific question, i work at meps.

Oh so your one of those grumpy bastards lol. J/k man. But when I went through MEPS at St Louis all them years ago they really were some of the most grumpy people ever lol.

Users who are viewing this thread