What happens??

kylez28

Established Member
I'm in Illinois and the other night I got a 86 in a 55 speeding ticket. I know that 30 over here in Illinois is reckless driving. What exactly will happen to me? I am actually getting a lawyer and fighting the ticket because the cop clocked my friend who was behind me(whom I don't believe was doing 86) and then just gave me the same ticket? Anyways, I am 18 years old, and have 2 previous tickets, 39 in a 25 speeding and illegal squeeling of tires.

What is my best bet here? I honestly don't think I will get off of this ticket mainly because who's gonna believe an 18 year old kid over a police officer? What are my other alternatives to not lose my license at all or not lose it for a long time. I am willing to pay lots of money to not lose it because I have to keep my job, which is 20 miles away. In all honesty, I was speeding, BUT I know I wasn't doing 86, I had my cruise control set right at 60 MPH. For my friend behind me I have no clue as to how fast he was going, but if he was going 86 I would assume he'd fly right on by me. The cop also clocked us from in town and we were outside of town heading to go out to eat, and the cop was about 1-1.5 miles away, and I was directly in front of my friend.

Would I be allowed to do a plea bargain and just pay a bunch of money and do other things to get it reduced? I need some help, all help is appreciated, thank you.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
If he was using laser, you don't really have a fighting chance. Laser is accepted in all courts as perfectly accurate... I'll leave the rest of the questions up to others.

03cobrateneight

03cobrateneight
Established Member
if you were outside of his jurisdiction and you can prove it you are free. the best way to do that is look on the ticket where it says location of offense if the adress in that box is outside the jurisdiction of that officer he can not act on the violation and a judge in oklahoma would through it out .i dont know about where you are but i would bet the same. i lost one speeding case to this same thing and have made sure of what location i write in the box on the ticket. good luck

kylez28

Established Member
doesn't matter about his jurisdiction he said, he said that if county agrees or something he can write me a ticket, and then he called his friend(who is county) and he came up and pulled in behind us.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
If he is a city cop he may be deputized, therefore allowing him to work in the county. Most traffic units around here are so they can do joint operations.

Users who are viewing this thread