What have we here?

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
UPS man paid a visit while I was in the shower today. Now if my O/R H pipe and springs would show up I'd be ready to get to work. :beer:

dsc00648.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You suck. Just kidding. It used to be fun to get stuff in the mail. Now the only thing that comes in the mail is stuff for my wife. Funny thing is that the reason I quit getting stuff is because we no longer have the funds to buy stuff for ourselves. Hmmm.

MatchStick

Established Member
Originally posted by URDONE
Niiice. Where did u order from?

I got them from Summit. I had to have them this week for the install or I would have took more time finding them cheaper.

Jwilliams, yes they are 4.30's :rockon:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by MatchStick
I got them from Summit. I had to have them this week for the install or I would have took more time finding them cheaper.

Jwilliams, yes they are 4.30's :rockon:

WTF, my 4.30s that came from Summit didn't come in that box. I got a generic brown box. :) Oh well, at least mine are 4.30s as well. Let us know how it feels when u get them installed.

MatchStick

Established Member
Originally posted by URDONE
Let us know how it feels when u get them installed.

Will do.

Funny thing is, I haven't even bought the car yet. I am picking it up on Tuesday and it's going straight to a buddies shop for the gears and exhaust. So I'll have about 50 miles of driving with the stock gears first.;-)

StangsN4x4S

USMC
Established Member
yea sometime this summer i'll be expecting springs and LT's.....cant wait for school to be over and go back to work....never thought id say that but my car needs more mods

MatchStick

Established Member
I got my springs and sub frame connectors today. Now I gotta start saving up for a built bottom end, and one for the car too :D

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by MatchStick
I got my springs and sub frame connectors today. Now I gotta start saving up for a built bottom end, and one for the car too :D

I like your thinking ;) I'd throw some Nitto Drag Radials on your car..your gonna need em with the gear.

Also, start saving for clutch and possibly a tranny. If your going to race it, your going to break the tranny. Trust me, I know ;)

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
I like your thinking ;) I'd throw some Nitto Drag Radials on your car..your gonna need em with the gear.

Also, start saving for clutch and possibly a tranny. If your going to race it, your going to break the tranny. Trust me, I know ;)

Thats the truth. As soon as u start getting fast, sh#t will just start breaking left and right.

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
If you're gonna get the drag radials you might as well rebuild the Trac-Loc or upgrade to 31 slpine axles as long as you have everything apart anyway

MatchStick

Established Member
Doug- already have a set of nittos on order. :)

red96cobra- trash loc will be on it's way out in about a week and replaced with an Auburn or a Detroit along with the 31 spline axles.

Are the tranny's in the Cobras as weak as the 4.6 GT's?
I trashed quite a few GT tranny's but this is my first Cobra (for now)
:beer:

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
I think the Cobra tranny's are a little bit stronger but not sure. You should keep a set of shift forks lying around just in case. Make sure you put an aftermarket shifter in it also.

Nick

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
matchstick: I wouldn't put money on the cobra t45. THey are suppose to be beefier. Tell that to my t45, and the three r45s my buddy broke in his 96 cobra ;)

I would suggest a TKO or 3550. The t56 is nice, but you seem to be a drag racer, that extra gear is going to add lots of weight and rotating mass...

MatchStick

Established Member
Thanks for the tips guys. :beer:

I plan on starting on the rear first, then move up to the tranny and then to the motor.

Any suggestions on a limited slip for the rear? I have run full lockers on the street in my Jeep and I don't really care to follow that path with my car.

And for the TKO or 3550 where would be a good place to look for them other than E-Bay?

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it. :rockon:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
talking about the bellhousing? Your are going to need a custom bellhousing. The only people I know that make them is Lakewood and Sean Hyland. Both are super duper expensive. THe lakewood (what i have) is SFI certified and is quite large and gets in the way of things.

If you plan on doing sanctioned events, get the Lakewood, if not, get the SHM. I got the lakewood, cause it came free with the tranny; which I bought used from a local guy.

Users who are viewing this thread