What head gaskets??

dart454twinturb

Established Member
Building my motor now. What head gaskets do you guys reccomend? Going twin turbo with around 18-24lbs and gonna be shooting for 1000 hp. What head gaskets should I use. Thanks in advance.

04yfzkid

Established Member
My machine shop does a lot of high hp builds. He uses the ford racing head gaskets (ford racing will tell you they wont fit a cobra for some reason). Other than than he'll use a cometic if the heads have been decked and he needs taller gaskets.

lucheski

Established Member
Building my motor now. What head gaskets do you guys reccomend? Going twin turbo with around 18-24lbs and gonna be shooting for 1000 hp. What head gaskets should I use. Thanks in advance.

The Cometic MLS should be fine under 30psi. If you running 3.700 big bore might have sealing issues above 25psi with MLS

That's what I used when I built my boss 5.0 modular last year.
Got them from modmax racing

www.modmaxracing.com

One of the nice things with the Cometic brand gaskets is you can play around a little with static compression by getting a thicker or thinner gasket

If you run more than 30 psi you should consider running the copper head gasket with o-ring installed in the head

Accufab has the copper gaskets for the 4.6

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I've heard a lot of rumors about "sealing issues" with a big bore and higher boost. From my experience and from what I've seen out there, they hold up just as well as the standard bore.

MattG04

Established Member
I'm not running anything other than the stock eaton and ended up popping the stock gasket on number 2 which it barely was blown just enough to pressurize the cooling system but I went with cometics 51" thick and used trickflow head bolts cuz studs was overkill for all ima do with my car.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Stock OEM headgaskets or the FelPro Blues (much cheaper) Been proven at the 1000rwhp+ level many many many times. I install the FelPros in all of the builds I do and never had an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread