What I have been doing...SpdKilz Custom TT Z06 (not done yet...)

SpdKilz

Established Member
What I have been doing...SpdKilz Custom TT Z06 (UPDATE! New Pics)

Ok guys, here it is. I have held out as long as I could but as summer slowly passes me by I thought I might at least give an update on why there have been a lack of videos.

This is just a TEASER video…I am not going into many specifics about the kit and what not. Once it is up and running, tuned, dynoed, etc. I will make a full on topic with tons of pictures and more video.

I am still stock bottom and rear end. I was not going to do this kit but could not pass up the opportunity from a small shop called CM Racing (lets just say you would be shocked how cheap it was overall….and no for now I am not telling the price). Originally I was going to build up the rear then bottom end and finally do FI. As you can see I went another route. I believe it to be one of very few custom made turbo kits for a Corvette, and one of the first to incorporate FMIC’s behind the Z06 screen openings.

For now, I will be running LEGITIMATE low PSI, about .3 bar which is right around 5psi. Granted the wastegate springs do not always give a 100% accurate PSI rating thus it could be another PSI or so.

I have high ass compression, and with my current [previous] upgrades I am damn near 11:1…haha. Again, that is why I am running low boost for now and if I blow the motor…well, another reason to upgrade next year.

I am essentially going to be maxing out the motor, fuel system, rear end, and transmission. On such low boost I still expect to be upper 500’s, low 600’s rwhp with power. Before the GT35R’s I was 442rwhp, 410rwtq, so I don’t think it’s out of the question to get the gains as I’ve stated.

Things that need to be done still:
- Fix belt slippage after relocating the alternator.
- Figure out why in hell one of the turbos is having draining issues
- Run A/C line
- Install Innovative Wideband Sensor Gauge
- Install Quartermaster 8.5 Extreme Twin Disc Clutch
- Install DTE Rear Brace
- Get street HP tune, then off to get it dynotuned.

As you can see there is still a decent amount to be done, but I honestly hope to have it done within a month or so. That way I can get a good two or three months in before having to store it for winter…I hope…heh.

Here is the video:

http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/My Z06/First Drive TT SpdKilz Z06.wmv

Enjoy, and hope to see some of you guys on the street soon!

- Carleton

[edit] - UPDATED FOR A COUPLE NEW PICTURES!

A couple new pictures...clutch goes in hopefully tomorrow or Friday then set a day for a dyno tune!

clean1.jpg

clean2.jpg

- Carleton

Last edited:

T76 Mach

Established Member
Mental note.If the license plate says SPD KILZ.Put my blinker on at the light if he pulls up next to me

SpdKilz

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

nik96 said:
Where is the radiator?

The radiator was laid down to create all of the extra room in the engine compartment. As of now, there are no heating issues which is great. A added bonus was that by laying the radiator down, each of the two fans are located directly under a turbo, so each turbo has the added benefit of having a fan blow on it :D

Users who are viewing this thread