What I heard at the dealer today...

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
I put my name on the list at the dealer today. I know the owner of this dealer so I went directly to him instead of the sales guys, he told me they will not receive shipment until October or so, and they will only be receiving 3 for the year. He said next spring they will be much easier to come by. He also told me that Ford directly told him $42k for the coupe, $45k for the vert.

SVT4ME

Established Member
But is he going to charge a markup? Buddy or not when it comes to money will he sell to you fro MRSP or to some joe on the street for $55K?

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
SVT4ME said:
But is he going to charge a markup? Buddy or not when it comes to money will he sell to you fro MRSP or to some joe on the street for $55K?
He'll sell it to me for MSRP. I might let the first few go anyways though...I'm really set on blue with white stripes.

drmustang

Banned
Ryan02Stang said:
He'll sell it to me for MSRP. I might let the first few go anyways though...I'm really set on blue with white stripes.

Any of their deliveries are yours for sticker even if they have a goon willing to bend over @ $55,000. You just might want to rethink that scenario. Good Luck to ya.

mrGT

Established Member
drmustang said:
Any of their deliveries are yours for sticker even if they have a goon willing to bend over @ $55,000. You just might want to rethink that scenario. Good Luck to ya.
Now you got me to wondering....if you were the dealer, would you renege on a promise and sell the Shelby for $55K? For some strange reason, I don't think you would. Honor and integrity means a lot to some people than money. Believe it or not, there are dealers out there with honor and integrity...I know, I hooked up with one and know of others.

I don't deny that there are dealers and people out there where money rules, but not all.

drmustang

Banned
mrGT said:
Now you got me to wondering....if you were the dealer, would you renege on a promise and sell the Shelby for $55K? For some strange reason, I don't think you would. Honor and integrity means a lot to some people than money. Believe it or not, there are dealers out there with honor and integrity...I know, I hooked up with one and know of others.

I don't deny that there are dealers and people out there where money rules, but not all.

I have found honesty to be a great policy across the board. Honor the promise and see that same customer, his wife, his children, and his referrals patronize that same business for decades. Honesty, Integrety and the reputation that is sure to follow is win for both the business owner and patrons.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
drmustang said:
I have found honesty to be a great policy across the board. Honor the promise and see that same customer, his wife, his children, and his referrals patronize that same business for decades. Honesty, Integrety and the reputation that is sure to follow is win for both the business owner and patrons.
Exactly. If the dealers realize this and live by it, the dealership will have a solid customer base forever. Selling to a bunch of yahoos from out of state for a fat profit one time will not perpetuate business. These guys don't come back for parts or service either, which is where a majority of the dealerships income comes from.

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
drmustang said:

The man has been a friend of my family for years. Between me and my family we've bought 6 or 7 cars from him. He wouldn't screw over a friend for someone he doesn't know. Like someone said above, honor and integrity mean more to some people than money.

mvcrash

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Exactly. If the dealers realize this and live by it, the dealership will have a solid customer base forever. Selling to a bunch of yahoos from out of state for a fat profit one time will not perpetuate business. These guys don't come back for parts or service either, which is where a majority of the dealerships income comes from.

If the dealer is honest and your a good customer, he will take the order and tell you it will go for over MSRP. He may not kill you like a stranger coming in, but he'll still want the extra dollars.
I have a written order for a Red Convertible. IT says MSRP plus "MARKET VALUE" which means he will want than MSRP,but he does not know what the market will bear. He only took a $500.00 deposit from me and wrote it was refundable.
I can't expect him to loose money on me. I am considered a good customer and a freind of the owner. Sometimes you have to pay for what you want, extra if you want if first cause you don't want to wait and you want to make sure you get one. I was ready to pay $63,000 for a vette. If he wants too much for the Shelby, I'll go to his Chevy dealership and buy a Vette.

mrGT

Established Member
mvcrash said:
If the dealer is honest and your a good customer, he will take the order and tell you it will go for over MSRP. He may not kill you like a stranger coming in, but he'll still want the extra dollars.
I have a written order for a Red Convertible. IT says MSRP plus "MARKET VALUE" which means he will want than MSRP,but he does not know what the market will bear. He only took a $500.00 deposit from me and wrote it was refundable.
I can't expect him to loose money on me. I am considered a good customer and a freind of the owner. Sometimes you have to pay for what you want, extra if you want if first cause you don't want to wait and you want to make sure you get one. I was ready to pay $63,000 for a vette. If he wants too much for the Shelby, I'll go to his Chevy dealership and buy a Vette.
Again, there are dealers out there that do not approach this as if money was the only thing. I got hooked up with a dealer in Ohio (as you can see I'm from OKC) and he was very willing to sell me the Shelby at MSRP. The only "fly in the ointment" would be if one of his "good" customers came in and wanted one...then I would be bumped to the next shipment. They were very upfront and honest with me. Unfortunately, other personal financial matters forced me to request that they put me on the '08 list. I was told that I will be #1 on the list for the '08...no bumping. Sure they could change their mind, but they are selling all of their '07's at MSRP or below...so I believe him completely.

The point was, I have never done business with them before, but I was treated as if I had...with all the respect, integrity, and understanding one could want.

Pony Ride

Established Member
I know in the past if you bought a car from Ford at an out of town dealer you can have it drop shipped to a local one. A lot cheaper than traveling to pick it up.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
This was posted on ModularFords:

I sent an email to my ford dealer asking if they plan on honoring the power lease option and or what are there plans as mark up and is they alot of people asking for them. He totaly blew off the power lease question. This guy isnt the sale guy that me and my family deal with but I doubt that matters.

-----------------------Below is the email-------------------------------------------

Patrick,
I was forwarded your email about the “replacement” of the Cobra….first and foremost, I’m assuming and hoping no one was injured in the accident!!!

Second…the GT500(which is what we think it will be called) is going to be a 2007…that is about the only definite I have so far

Pricing for the car is expected to list at $45-$50,000…..we expect the car to sell at between $60 and $75,000…we have taken 2 “requests” so far…I call them requests because I can not physically order the car…an ordering guide doesn’t exist yet….we will only get 5 vehicles for the first year, at this point!!!!

It has been frustrating for us …. There has been a lot of hype on the car and not a lot of facts to give out!!!

I will keep you informed as I get info!!

Thank you for your interest,
Larry Doremus Sr.
GM/VP
Toms Ford Inc.
732-264-1721(Direct line)

1time

Established Member
I had to go to michgan to get away from the $7000.00 markup on my 03 and i got it $4000.oo under msrp

Dr Auto X

Banned
How come there has to be car dealers? Why can't someone make a car store where you go in and buy a car just like you would something at Walmart? You'd just go in pick out what you want, and then go to the checkout and pay the price. It wouldn't matter how in demand the car was or how many they were going to make, there would be no market adjustment. Whatever price the manufacturer put on the window sticker is what you pay.

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
Live in detroit

vett-smkr said:
I had to go to michgan to get away from the $7000.00 markup on my 03 and i got it $4000.oo under msrp
Thats what is so cool about living in detroit we get to see them first and get the best deals and will have the most to choose from.Hell I mite buy one at or below sticker and sell to someone out of state for a hugh markup what a concept. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread