what if

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Guys, it may be a few weeks between ring & pinion install and speed cal install. If I was to remove speedo gear and re-attach cable (with no speedo gear) would this affect anything? Would it cause any problem with vss, speedo cable or anything else?

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
lol, sorry I should be more specific. Other than the speedo won't register will it hurt anything? I'll just drive off the tach until I do the speedcal instead of putting a gear in that probably won't last anyhow. I don't really understand what the vss does and wondered if no reading would affect it/car..?

97cobraheaven

Established Member
when you come to a stop the car is going to want to die. well actually when you push in the clutch and the rpm's drop it will.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
when you come to a stop the car is going to want to die. well actually when you push in the clutch and the rpm's drop it will.

Exactly! When mine started going out that was happening to my car. It was really scary when my car would die on the freeway over pass that makes a big turn. No power steering all of the sudden is frightening!

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Thanks guys, I knew you'd come thru:beer:. I had a feeling there would be more to it and there was lol.

Cheers
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread