What intake for my cobra??

dart454twinturb

Established Member
I have been doing a lot of looking lately at different setups and there is a lot of conflicting opinions on intakes. I will give you my setup and my intake options and see what you all think.

Engine setup
stock block
stock crank
billet I beam rods
Diamond forged pistons 10.5:1 comp
all arp hardware throughout engine
arp head studs
ported and polished heads
ferrea valves
patriot springs
titanium retainers
bullet custom turbo cams

trans is a built th400 with trans brake

Havent decided if I want to go with a twin 67mm turbo setup or a single 88mm setup. Still deciding on that.

Now for intake options.

Option 1 ported and polished 99-01 cobra intake

Option 2 ported, polished, and shortened runner 99-01 cobra intake

option 3 Sullivan intake

Motor will rev to around 6800-7000. THis will be mostly a street car and may see a little track time at the local track on street legal nights. I want this thing to be a beast on the streets. I have heard so many different things about all the intakes. I have heard that the Sullivan will work but I will have to up the boost to get the same power levels as the 99-01 intake and I have also heard that they suck below 7k. Just looking to get some opinions before I buy a setup I will regret.

SLPCobra

Established Member
I have to agree with everyone else for what you wanna do you can't go wrong with the cobra/mach intake ported in that rpm range

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
One more vote for the 01 intake. No need for a sullivan in that rpm range. ~10" short runner will get you what you want and have a much more broad torque curve compared to the sullivan

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The Sullivan will probably make more peak power than the '99/'01/Mach1 but at the expense of low/midrange power and throttle response. I'd go with the ported factory intake.

Users who are viewing this thread