What is a 95r really worth?

Mjn76

Established Member
So, recently I have been involved in a thread about a 95 that was on offer on the bay. It seemed like an honest enough car, clean, some mods but reversible, high miles for a capsule car but low for a driver (under 7k) and a starting bid of $24k. This one brought up some chatter here on the forum but ended as a no bid. I have been watching the market off and on for a while and this one seemed to be a relatively fair deal, others disagree which begs the question what are these cars really worth? They seem to be unfortunately the least desireable of the r models and there are always many of them for sale. That brings me to the point. Dollar value where do you think these cars should be, realistic, as in what would you pay?
In addition what would increase or decrease the value for you?

Here is a little extra info to chew over, there are over ten currently (possibly)
for sale, in the past few months I have seen 2 possibly sell for under 18, and another I heard sold for under 20. Of the 2 one was a relatively well known very high mileage 50k+ miles, another was a heavily modified racecar (amature) with very little chance of ever being returned to original.

Also the cars currently for sale range from the aforementioned $24k example
All the way up to $55k. In my opinion the high dollar cars are being held by uniformed dreamers and really can not be considered for sale but others may disagree.
So what are your opinions.

Jason95R

Established Member
Here's my $.02.

I think that a true wrapper car (under 1k miles) should sell somewhere in the high $20's to low $30's. Drivers between 1k-10k miles with no stories and relatively stock should be mid $20's.

My car is higher mileage with some mods that can be returned to stock fairly easily. I have all of the stock parts. My car has 33k miles but is in great shape and runs like a champ. (other than my battery having to be replaced twice) I realistically think it's probably worth around $20k. Maybe a little more to the right buyer.

There still hasn't been the high demand for these cars that everyone thought/thinks there will be. As you mentioned at any given time you can find one for sale so it makes them relatively easy to obtain. Until that changes I see them staying in the current range they are now. I don't ever see them skyrocketing in value like the muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's did. Or the way the Porsche market has. Maybe I'm wrong. and I hope I am. But for now I see the market holding.

Users who are viewing this thread