wHAT IS A VIPER ACR?

bskinner

I WAS WORKING AN EXTRA job the other night and my buddy came up to the restraunt to visit but he brought his gay ass friend with him who has a Viper. He says it is an "ACR EDITION" and says it sport around 950hp. Is there any truth to this or is this guy full of KA KA? I had to drive my Cobra up there and he was talking about how he walks off and leave Cobras under regular driving conditions. The guy is an idiot and full of himself. Hes one of these guys that likes to talk about himself....... Let me know if theres any validity to this D!#@ heads claim. He said he paid $100,000 4 it.

VENOM650R

Established Member
A VIPER ACR is "AMERICAN CLUB RACER" edition. It is a GTS with suspension mods (adjustable Penske racing shocks) and BBS wheels. The only motor mods are smooth tubes and K&N filters. Stock it is rated at 460 HP. They listed for about $80K. So if he paid $100K he is an idiot. Also, he's full of Ka Ka as far as having 950 HP. He sounds like one of those spoiled rich guys that has more money than sense (or his daddy does) and knows absolutely nothing about performance cars...ie a "poser". The one thing he is correct on, however, is that a stock VIPER will walk a stock COBRA. I know I have both. At least I had a stock Viper, my Hennessey Venom 650R dynoned at 675 HP and 678 TQ and will toast his ACR.:burnout:

Last edited:

bskinner

You know hes one of those guys that LOVES to talk about himself, to the point that he embarasses everyone around him and in the process makes an ass of himself. Even my friend was embarassed by his crap. I think his dad owns some sort of fence building company slash construction company. But he is a little prick, Hes the type of guy that without his money and car he would be a little geek. Can anyone give me a link w/ specs on that car so i can print it and take it to my friend so he can see what kind of idiot his little shithead buddy is.?

bskinner

it doesnt have anything to do with me not believing you i just want something to take to my friend so he will no this guy is F.O.S.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
ACR is a regular viper w/ KONI Double Adjustable Shocks, or Dynamic Suspension Shocks. They didn't come with Penske's.

The ACR comes with adjustable ride height, and stiffer springs.

The ACR has Smooth Tubes and K/N Filters Stock

The ACR has no fog lights, and 5 point harnesses for Driver & Passenger

Other than that it is a regular Viper. The HP & TQ increase (10) was just due to the K&N & Smooth Tubes.

They can be found for mid 60's now. ;)

MASH

A Viper ACR making 950hp. hmmmm..... :rolleyes: :rollseyes

167327_44_full.jpg

:rockon:

inVision

Established Member
Was the 00 the first year of the cream puffs or was that 01? If so did you have to beef up the internals to get that insane HP??

MASH

Originally posted by inVision
Was the 00 the first year of the cream puffs or was that 01? If so did you have to beef up the internals to get that insane HP??

00 was the first year of the cream puffs.
The whole motor is built, 542 ci (up from 488) at 9:1 comp
the red dyno graph was on motor alone, blue is motor + SC
all using pump gas, no nos.

Users who are viewing this thread