What Is It Worth?: '99 SVT Cobra

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on here would be for the worth of a '99 SVT Cobra I have come across to try and help sell?

It is a white, 1999 SVT Cobra - has 88,000 miles and is a one owner car. It has just been sitting around for about the last 8 months.

The good: The exterior looks to be in good shape, it could just use a good wash and full-detail. Never in any accidents and never has had any paint work done. Wheels are in good shape and so is the interior - just needs a good cleaning, vacuuming and wipe-down/ detailing. Clean and clear title, in hand.

The bad: It will need 4 new tires and will need the rotors and pads replaced on all 4 corners - due to a lot of built up surface rust on the rotors. Before it was taken out of commission, it overheated and may have caused some damage to the engine. It was taken to a shop, and their diagnosis was that it probably has some cylinder head damage and may have damaged other components, that are yet unknown and TBD. They recommended an engine rebuild/replacement. IT does not crank or turn over and that is how it sits at the moment. Trans and the rest of the drivetrain all checked out okay.

What are the chances of selling this Cobra as-is and what would be a good pricing point to sell? Thank you for the info and the suggestions! :read:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It would be easy to sell, just has to have the right price. As described I am thinking around 4 or 5 grand.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
It would be easy to sell, just has to have the right price. As described I am thinking around 4 or 5 grand.

That's what I was thinking too... I was just trying to get some feedback on here because I am not too familiar with the 99-01 Cobras.

I guess I could list it as like a "roller"? Thank you for the reply!

If anyone else has any input, I would greatly appreciate it, just feel free to post up whatever it is you want to say. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread