What is Oasis and how do I find the SSM #'s for our cars?

ONEJETI

Established Member
BACK WHEN

BACK WHEN I WAS A SERVICE MANAGER FOR FORD...IT WAS WHERE YOU WENT TO FIND TSBS AND POST CURRENT PROBLEMS ...IT WAS 16 YEARS AGO,,,BUT I THINK IT WAS CALLED THAT

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
Originally posted by hockeypuck_74
Still is. My service department just printed out the Technical Service Bulletin regarding a front end issue for me.

What issue was that? It does not state anything on the link i provided above for a front-end issue...

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Oasis also tells the dealer what has been done to your car when they type in the VIN#. If I'm not mistaken if the car has been wrecked and rebuilt with a salvaged title that is reported to ford and entered in oasis also so you can't get warranty work. The first part I know for sure, I had a 95GT used, went to the dealer where a friend works, entered VIN and showed me everything that was done (new trans.) what dealer did it and when it was done.

RKANYZ

Established Member
OASIS is a worldwide ford database that all ford dealerships have access to. if you have work done to your car at a dealer in jersey then move to alaska and have work done at my dealership I can access OASIS to see your repair history.It has build info for your vehicle(engine and trans type etc.),warranty start/build dates and extended warranty info. I can also enter symtom codes for your problem and check for SSM's and TSB's. SSM's (special service messages) are only accessible through OASIS as far as I know because they have not yet become a TSB. we also have a technical hotline and a website for even more info. all good tools for the dealership techs. pulled my ass out of the fire many times.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Originally posted by RKANYZ
OASIS is a worldwide ford database that all ford dealerships have access to. if you have work done to your car at a dealer in jersey then move to alaska and have work done at my dealership I can access OASIS to see your repair history.It has build info for your vehicle(engine and trans type etc.),warranty start/build dates and extended warranty info. I can also enter symtom codes for your problem and check for SSM's and TSB's. SSM's (special service messages) are only accessible through OASIS as far as I know because they have not yet become a TSB. we also have a technical hotline and a website for even more info. all good tools for the dealership techs. pulled my ass out of the fire many times.
:thumbsup: That about sums it up. by the way, was I right about the salvage vehical info?

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
ALLDATA lists the TSBs for our car...

OASIS is the database that the dealships use to log all the stuff we complain about and have work done about...

Users who are viewing this thread