What is the best chip

martinj4

I am looking into purchasing a computer chip to my 99 coupe and was wondering which was the best one. I have heard that the diablo-sport chip is real good and would like some feedback. Also, I have read that the Diablo Delta chip offers 3 settings (1 stock, 2 custom), but the hp and torque increases aren't as great. The 3 settings sound nice, but I would like as much power as I can get out of the chip. Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

Future Mods:

Computer Chip
Densecharger
BBK H-pipe

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
I've got a DiabloSport 4 bank chip
(pre-Delta).
Good for about 7 rwhp when all was said and done.
It's not like a 100 shot or anything, but it did help wake up the mid RPM range.

willyum

Fast Enough!
Established Member
If you can get a custom chip burned locally, that would probably serve you better. You can tailor it to the mods you have done and to the mods you probably do in the future.

William

Alex Swinney

Established Member
Can anyone explain to me exactly what these chips do to gain hp? I'm from a world where the only way chips make your car faster is through lightening-of the wallet variety.

I'm guessing timing advancement/retardation.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I was thinking about getting a Superchip when I get gears but was wondering if you guys think its worth it? Maybe instead get the the Steeda Timing adjuster instead and electronic speedo calibrator box.

Thanks

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread