What is the best way to get 550+ rwhp??

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
I am contemplating building my 96. I just had to sell my 03 recently and I miss the power it had. I am looking for some opinions on how to get 550rwhp in the cheapest most effiecient manner.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Built motor, Procharger D1SC. Deals are to be had!

I'm sure you know this but the factory bottom end on the 96-98 Cobra does not have forged rods and pistons.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Not trying to be a jerk but the cheapest most efficient way would be to sell the 96 and get back into an 03. I had one too only 500 rwhp just have to make the best of it now with the SN95. Other option built motor and Hellion Twins

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Not trying to be a jerk but the cheapest most efficient way would be to sell the 96 and get back into an 03. I had one too only 500 rwhp just have to make the best of it now with the SN95. Other option built motor and Hellion Twins

Don't need twins to make that power. Hellion's lil 62 should make 550rwhp on 13#-14# psi

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Don't need twins to make that power. Hellion's lil 62 should make 550rwhp on 13#-14# psi

Just figured the twins would make it on less boost making it more streetable and reliable. But if it can be done with less Party On.:dancenana:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Nothing wrong with twins if I didn't buy this car with the kit already on there that's the route I would have taken to be honest :D

venom1997, the kit retails for something like $6200 on their site but remember that includes the UPR front suspension as well as a Lightning MAF and 39# injectors. If you already have that stuff you can save a good bit.

Well worth it though... I must get a hand on a camera and film some pulls in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread