What is the best way to spend about $1k?

Tequila612

Established Member
Well I have a 1997 Cobra and I really want the best bang for my buck. I really want to get it as quick as I can.

So far I have:

* FRPP 4.10 gears
* Pro 5.0 Shifter
* 1995 Cobra R's
* Tint
* BBK O/R X pipe
* 2 Chamber Flowmasters

What can I add for the best results? I have about $900 to spend.

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by 97greensnake
pulleys, chip, and injectors or u can get a drop for bot 440

I am lost, but why would you want new injectors with a car that is as stock as mine is? Why would you want to pump more fuel in without MAJOR mods?

Also what do you mean by drop the bot 440?

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Change to either 4.30 or 4.56 gears, get a ASP Balancer set of underdrive pulley's and either a UPR powerpipe with their "Big mouth" filter or WMS's just released powerpipe and filter for the 96-98 Cobra's. If you can't do the gear install yourself then you are now out of money. :-D These 3 mods will make a BIG difference in your car, TRUST ME!!! ;-) :thumbsup:

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
Change to either 4.30 or 4.56 gears, get a ASP Balancer set of underdrive pulley's and either a UPR powerpipe with their "Big mouth" filter or WMS's just released powerpipe and filter for the 96-98 Cobra's. If you can't do the gear install yourself then you are now out of money. :-D These 3 mods will make a BIG difference in your car, TRUST ME!!! ;-) :thumbsup:

4.30's will kick my ass. I am very happy with the 4.10's.

Tequila612

Established Member
If you want to go faster N/A then you need more gear than 4.10's!

Forced induction is following very soon.

Which springs are best with Cobras? I can't decide between H&R or Eibach?

Also I want either Griggs or MM C/C plates, once agian, which?

Tequila612

Established Member
If your going the blower route then the 4.10's are PERFECT! :beer:

Ive been checking them out. I would like a Vortech T-trim with high boost but I am kinda on a tight right now and can't afford to get new internals and everything so I might go with a V-1.

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by Tequila612
Forced induction is following very soon.

Which springs are best with Cobras? I can't decide between H&R or Eibach?

Also I want either Griggs or MM C/C plates, once agian, which?

I like my Ford Motorsport M-5300F Spring Kit which are made by Eibach. (a little stiffer than stock-I bought it primarily to lower the car)...

Alot of the Ford Motorsport/FRRP stuff works as good/fits better than "brand name" stuff. IMO

theinjectedzone

Established Member
I have the Eibach pro-kit and am very happy with them. You can also get the sportline kit if you want a further drop. No additional mods are needed with the kits, but a rear pinion bumper is recommended.
thanks
Dave

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by theinjectedzone
I have the Eibach pro-kit and am very happy with them. You can also get the sportline kit if you want a further drop. No additional mods are needed with the kits, but a rear pinion bumper is recommended.
thanks
Dave

rear pinion bumper? price and where do I get it?

theinjectedzone

Established Member
rear pinion bumper? price and where do I get it?

These bumpers help lowered cars from bottoming out on the rear axle pumpkin to the frame. The bump stops are a softer compound and absorb the shock better than the very hard factory ones. They are available from usually any local speed shop. Cost is around 10 bucks.
thanks
Dave

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by theinjectedzone
These bumpers help lowered cars from bottoming out on the rear axle pumpkin to the frame. The bump stops are a softer compound and absorb the shock better than the very hard factory ones. They are available from usually any local speed shop. Cost is around 10 bucks.
thanks
Dave

Thanks! I'll be sure to pick up a set. Well I ordered Eibach Sportlines with MM C/C plates today! :)

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by 96mystic
Id go with some ceramic longtube
:)

I have spent all but about $450 of it and I am looking high and low for a set of longtube headers w/ the matching H pipe for about that. ANYONE have any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread