What is the Deepest, Throatiest Cat-Back for the 03/04 Cobra?

Deepest and Throatiest Cat-Back for the 03/04 Cobra

• Boral Stinger

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • Bassani

Votes: 213 19.1%
  • MAC

Votes: 165 14.8%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 158 14.2%
  • BBK

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 145 13.0%
  • Other (Include the Brand)

Votes: 126 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
00StangGT said:
I have never heard anything sexier on a Mustang then a Mac O/R H-pipe and MAC Flowpath Cat-back

Mac all the way...you should hear mine...anyone thats seen/heard my car could tell you it sounds like a damn beast that will eat you.......JT

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
venemous99cobra said:
borla stingers and mac prochamber

My old setup on the 98 GT was a Mac ProChamber and MagnaPacks CB, thats thing was a BEAST......I'll 2nd this one because both CB's are similar.

01silverstang

Established Member
I wish you could get the best of all the mufflers. I don't like the stingers at times, they sound ricy up top. Flowmasters sound great up top and down low, but have a ricy mid range sound around 3,500 rpm. Haven't heard MAC really, and bassani are deep but too quiet.

ercizm

Established Member
I'm going with a stainlessworks 3" setup.full exhaust. Its a group buy thing on another site.Sound clip was good and so were the pic's. not much on there site though. guess I'll be the test subject on this one,Ill keep ya posted.ERC

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
It's not the Stingers (by itself) I can tell you that much! I replaced the magnaflow CB with Stingers about a month ago. They are definetely louder but not as deep as some say....I'd like to hear the MAC CB. I doubt the SLP is any deeper than the Stingers just louder.

Last edited:

Mysticobra04

I myself have SLP which u can see on my sig. I have no cats so its pretty loud but i have never heard another like it and i love but it is also expensive. IF you're willing to pay the price i would go with it

jackpowell

Established Member
Guys i was reading and i had a question i thought there can't be anyone else better to ask them you guys. I am looking to buy a used bassani catback for an 03-04. I have a 99 cobra what is the difference, is there a difference cause on their site they have options for a 99-01 catback and one for a 03-04. Let me know what you know. Thanks
Jonathan

Cobra Dude

Established Member
Unless you are making way over 500 HP, don't put long tube headers on a Cobra. You will loose HP. This has been proven and the money is best spent on some other mod. With the headers, you have to take it off to change the oil. You can run in the low 11 sec. without headers.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Cobra Dude said:
Unless you are making way over 500 HP, don't put long tube headers on a Cobra. You will loose HP. This has been proven and the money is best spent on some other mod. With the headers, you have to take it off to change the oil. You can run in the low 11 sec. without headers.

When has it been proven you will lose hp?????

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Cobra Dude said:

It was the long tubes that helped put me over 500 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread