What is the difference between a P1-SC and P1-SC2?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Im seeing that all the 03 procharger kits are with the "P1-SC2" procharger instead of the D1 and the P1.

I know that the P1-SC has a billet-straight cut impeller and the D1 blower has curved vanes.

Im pretty sure the P1-SC2 has a straight cut impeller as well... Do they have a different gear ratio or somethin?

im pretty amazed that the 03 guys can get upwards of 18#'s of boost using the 6-rib accessory belt with little or no slippage.

-Homer

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by IUP99snake
Im seeing that all the 03 procharger kits are with the "P1-SC2" procharger instead of the D1 and the P1.

I know that the P1-SC has a billet-straight cut impeller and the D1 blower has curved vanes.

Im pretty sure the P1-SC2 has a straight cut impeller as well... Do they have a different gear ratio or somethin?

im pretty amazed that the 03 guys can get upwards of 18#'s of boost using the 6-rib accessory belt with little or no slippage.

-Homer

I have read that the sc2 has the D-1 impeller for better high boost applications. However, both 03 Cobras that have been tested with the kit (on this board) have had belt slip @ 18+ psi. I would not run the kit with anything smaller than the 3.4" pulley (17psi.)

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
Homer...if there is no slippage with 18# of boost...it has to have backwards running vains...straight vanes produce too much resistance on the drive shaft/pulley. IMO...I haven't seen any pics, just telling you what I know from a class I take on pumps and compressors.

Users who are viewing this thread