What is the fastest Supercharged GT500 With Stock Motor?

sfadchi

Established Member
Sfadchi went 9.96 @ 14x with DR's and a 6 spd.

You're correct Andy. I went 9.96@142 stock block and the 6 speed on drag radials with a Whipple 2.9 and a 75shot.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXB7VwGC-I"]2008 Shelby GT500 VS 2009 Nissan GTR - YouTube[/nomedia]

NineSecondPass.jpg

My best pass was with the built motor a 3.4L and a 100shot was a 9.60@146 still on the six speed.

960.jpg

rodfarva

Established Member
My car went 6.35 @ 112 in the 1/8 with stock long block, whipple 2.9 @ 23 psi, and auto tranny. That's equivalent to about a 9.80 in the 1/4, and is the fastest 2.9 Whipple car that I'm aware of.

My factory long block was still in pristine condition when I took it out to replace it with a built bottom end

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
That is the way to do it rodfarva.

This thread was originally created because I am considering raising the boost, but I am fearful for my engine's safety if I do so. I am trying to be the guy that removes his engine while still functional to build the bottom end. I am restless to go faster - thought high 9's would sate me...

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
No sir, aftermarket superchargers Alan. And just utilizing a supercharger on a factory/non-built block. I am not talking about superchargers with NOS setups, nor am I talking about turbochargers with compound boost setups.

The crux of the agenda is this: how much RWHP can a stock block take with an aftermarket supercharger making 20+ psi of boost? And more so, what causes the stock engine to fail?

I know for a fact that improper octane level has caused detonation problems for some. I am running C16 race gas to combat that potential issue...

Last edited:

sfadchi

Established Member
right, i know Dave and the story. you made it sound like it was his fault it blew, that's all.

It was no ones fault, shit happens! This was over a year ago, but I don't like people inferring I sold him a POS or knew there was something wrong with the car. The car when 9.80's two days before he put the deposit down on it. It was unfortunate, but it can happen with these cars pushing 1000HP at the wheels.

bull3441

Established Member
It was no ones fault, shit happens! This was over a year ago, but I don't like people inferring I sold him a POS or knew there was something wrong with the car. The car when 9.80's two days before he put the deposit down on it. It was unfortunate, but it can happen with these cars pushing 1000HP at the wheels.
wasn't implying that at all.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Neither was I. My point was that engines fail when making big power. From what I have seen on the forums, even built engines can fail.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Precise psi and rwhp is unknown bull. The car was dyno tuned on pump gas, and I put down 676 RWHP and about 630 TQ at 19 psi on a dynojet with a 3.75" pulley. On a Mustang Dyno with a 4,000 load on it, at 5500 rpms, my car put down 514.5 RWHP. Max torque was 588.5 at 3,445 RPM. HP was 540 and TQ was 617.70 WCF.

Currently, I am running a smaller pulley with a race tune. My car has been performing and consistently improving throughout the year, with the exception of one week where I ran into traction issues with slicks.

Current boost is estimated to be in the 23-24 pound range, and somewhere in the vicinity of 750 RWHP.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Interesting stuff here, gotta pay to play though. If considering upping the boost and pushing limits of the stock motor then I'd be ready to build another motor just in case.
This has been stated before, even with a great tune, only a couple runs on the track parts still fail.
Cars always seem to run fastest right before they break!
Good luck on your boost upping and attempt at supercharger record setting

bull3441

Established Member
Precise psi and rwhp is unknown bull. The car was dyno tuned on pump gas, and I put down 676 RWHP and about 630 TQ at 19 psi on a dynojet with a 3.75" pulley. On a Mustang Dyno with a 4,000 load on it, at 5500 rpms, my car put down 514.5 RWHP. Max torque was 588.5 at 3,445 RPM. HP was 540 and TQ was 617.70 WCF.

Currently, I am running a smaller pulley with a race tune. My car has been performing and consistently improving throughout the year, with the exception of one week where I ran into traction issues with slicks.

Current boost is estimated to be in the 23-24 pound range, and somewhere in the vicinity of 750 RWHP.
that's an impressive run for the power. get a boost gauge lol.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Aluminum block

That is a good post venumb. Had intended to pick up an Aluminum block this year, but that didn't work out the way I had originally intended. Turned out that I didn't end up needing it to accomplish my 9.99 goal.

You are correct that parts can fail even with a great tune/components. My gut instinct is telling me quit while I am ahead, but there is always that thought that says: "This is so much fun - now let's go a little bit faster!"

A 9.32 seems quite out of reach at the moment, so I think Evolution's 9.32 pass time is safe for the moment :beer:

Interesting stuff here, gotta pay to play though. If considering upping the boost and pushing limits of the stock motor then I'd be ready to build another motor just in case.
This has been stated before, even with a great tune, only a couple runs on the track parts still fail.
Cars always seem to run fastest right before they break!
Good luck on your boost upping and attempt at supercharger record setting

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Memory doesn't serve. I burnt a wiring harness. Then built the motor when I pulled it. The new owner snapped the oil pump racing on the highway with the stock goodyears going spin city. Thanks for playing though!
MT 305/35/18s. Not the GYs.

the new owner snapped the pump within 75 miles of owning the car. the rear was also toast.

85 miles and the rear was replaced 6 months later.

The new owner also had the car inspected and dynoed by a shop he trusted before it left here.
Dynoed yes, they didn't do as soild of inspection as I expected. Not saying there were any issues at the time, just my view of what they did.

bull3441

Established Member
MT 305/35/18s. Not the GYs.

85 miles and the rear was replaced 6 months later.

Dynoed yes, they didn't do as soild of inspection as I expected. Not saying there were any issues at the time, just my view of what they did.
Dave i hope you don't mind i commented on your car. just didn't want it to seem that you were the cause of what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread