What is the mystic chrome paint code?

Teal93svt

Established Member
Hey guys i was wondering what the paint code was for the mystic chrome. I also was curious on how much you think i might need to paint a 93 cobra. gallons or pints. Thanks guys for your help.

Bobby

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
+1 as I might want to get a little mixed for some accessories I want to do...

Just looked at the "Yellow Mustang Registry" and a paint code of G6 is listed - does this mean anything to anyone?? I thought it would be longer than that.

Last edited:

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
not sure of the code, but the mystic color isn't available to just anyone. you need to show proof of ownership of a mystic for them to release any to you!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
this isnt 1996 anymore, and this isnt mystic anymore.

mystichrome is commonly available and able to be mixed by any body shop with a modern paint system.

its the two letter code on the data sticker under "paint." a quickie google search says its G6. perhaps an actual mystichrome owner will chime in.

soccer8888 said:
not sure of the code, but the mystic color isn't available to just anyone. you need to show proof of ownership of a mystic for them to release any to you!

Last edited:

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
this isnt 1996 anymore, and this isnt mystic anymore.

mystichrome is commonly available and able to be mixed by any body shop with a modern paint system.

its the two letter code on the data sticker under "paint." a quickie google search says its G6. perhaps an actual mystichrome owner will chime in.

You're very right, I misread the original post, my mistake. The paint code for this is G6, or PPG Paint Code 903070. The 96 Mystic paint was/is extremely well-guarded and portioned out. List price for the Mystichrome stuff is around $1200/gallon. The expensive part is the additive (Chromalusion??) which is about $400/pint from what I've read. Anyways, sorry about the earlier confusion and my misreadings. Hope this clears stuff up. Cheers! :beer:

edit: its ChromaFlair, not Chromalusion for those that care :)

http://www.mustang-links.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13

Last edited:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
I believe that only applies to the 1996 Mystics...

Not the 2004 Mystichromes

Jimmy :thumbsup:
You're right. but the guys at rthe shop where I get my audio done couldnt get it without my vin :??: :??:

the email I recieved:

You can indeed order Mystic Chrome, you do not need to own a Mustang to
order this paint. The Dupont number for that is 736714. Do you have a
Dupont distributor that can mix this for you? If not, please provide me
with your zip code so I can help you find one that can mix this for you. I
hope this helps. Have a good day. Also, this is only available in
Chromapremier

Users who are viewing this thread