What is the proper way to do a compression test on these cars?

warpd

Established Member
I understand how to do a compression test but is there anything specific about this motor that I should take into account? My car has almost 95k on her and I want check the condition of the motor.

quikcobra

Established Member
Remove all the plug's. Pull you'r fuel pump fuse (I also removed the coils).install the tester crank 3-5 times. i dont know spec i think 160-190psi and a 75% lower then the highest number. diag and fix

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I believe you can just floor the gas pedal while cranking (or use a brick if your using a remote starter) instead of pulling the fuse. It does two things: 1) doesn't let the throttle blade limit the air flow and 2) shuts off the injectors. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on #2.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I believe you can just floor the gas pedal while cranking (or use a brick if your using a remote starter) instead of pulling the fuse. It does two things: 1) doesn't let the throttle blade limit the air flow and 2) shuts off the injectors. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on #2.

That's how I did mine. I pulled all the plugs and coils, then floored it while cranking.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
You can pull the connector on the inertia switch in the trunk. Or, go to the hardware store and get a plain key (old style, no chip) cut. Without a chip. PATS won't allow spark or fuel, but WILL turn the starter. Then you can put this flat key in your wallet in case you ever lock the real key in the car.

And if you are using a remote starter, you don't need a key in the ignition anyway.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

This is correct, flooring the gas pedal shuts off the injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread