what is the white stuff in my exhaust?

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
i just started my baby today after sitting for the winter.

a few hours after i turned the truck off i noticed this white stuff in the exhaust. it was almost like a powder.
IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

does anyone know what this is??

Sean

04darkL

Dark Lightning
Established Member
looks like condensation that has dried up. just like when u sweat your sweat dries on your shirt or hat it leaves white outlines where it was once wet.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
when you sweat and then it dries its the salt that you see, i hope he dont have salt in his exhaust :lol1: .

so your truck was parked and ever started all winter? if so i would say it was fuel or oil from the cylinders that got washed away with condinsation. iv seen oil look white when mixed with alot of water.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i did some research:

antifreeze leaves a white powder after being burnt (like in a cumbustion chamber). maby some got in a cylinder or something?

carbon build up can break loose and sometimes cause a white powder also. so maby its just carbon?

Taunto

Established Member
same thing happened to me this spring.. sat all winter and started up same thing.. I just took it for a lil drive.. then out on the Highway and it never came back.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I'm betting it's carbon or some by-product from being stored over the winter and finally being run. Probably nothing to worry about. Clean it out, run it again and see if it comes back just to be sure, though.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
yea thats not the normal "white" stuff you get in the exhaust.... id clean it out and see if it comes back... looks like it is some type of deposit from water or something of that sort

the normal white stuff you get is the white "frosting" you get from running leaded race gas.

Users who are viewing this thread