What is this part? And do I need it?

96blackcobra

Established Member
I am installing a v3 vortech w/ aftercooler and i'm about 80% done. I noticed this part still on my bench. It looks as if it were missing the "cap" and i'm not sure where it is. I searched and searched with no luck of finding the cap. The part # is E8AE-9H465-BA. Looks like it's part of the egr. It's located under the passenger side coil if that helps.

The part has two vacuum lines on it and a electrical connection. Will not having the "cap" cause a vacuum leak?

006.jpg

007.jpg

Thanks,

Sam

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
Normally Closed Air Bypass Solenoid: Per Ford...The normally closed seconday air injection bypass solenoid consists of two vacuum ports with an atmospheric vent. The solenoid assembly can be with or without control bleed. The outlet port of the solenoid is opened to atmospheric vent and closed to the inlet port when de-energized. When energized, the outlet port is opened to the inlet port and closed to atmospheric vent. The control bleed is provided to prevent the contamination from entering the solenoid assembly from the intake manifold. Needed, yes to keep it from throwing a code. It can be deleted if you turn of the sec air in the PCM but if your state does emission testing...could cause a poblem. Translation is up to the reader.....lol

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Tx Diablous is right and I am wrong. It is the Normally Closed Air Bypass Solenoid, not the EGR vacuum regulator solenoid. They look a lot alike and it fooled me. Sorry for the misinformation.

Users who are viewing this thread