What is this part???

Bumblebee03

Established Member
I am in the process of doing the coil on plug conversion and I found this witha broken off vacuum fitting. So I need to know if I need to cap it off or does it need to be ran to something. The other side goes into the firewall. The bottom has an electrical connection that plugs in.

IMAG0123_zpsae7f848a.jpg

IMAG0122_zps50aa67f0.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Can't recall the exact name but it's part of the emissions system. There should be a plug off of the main harness by the bulkhead connection that goes into it, and it should connect in to manifold vacuum - can't recall if it isthe hose that comes straight off of the very back of the intake towards the passanger side fender or the one from under the throttle body area (I think its the throttle body area, though). Car is in storage for the winter so I can't run out and check, sorry.

Last edited:

98BABCobra

Established Member
That is the Fuel Vapor Canister Purge Valve Solenoid. Like Tabres said, there should be a small 2 prong electrical connector that plugs into it, and then the vacuum line runs up to the throttle body (connects on the bottom if i remember correctly).

When I bought my 98 I had a code for the fuel evap system and I had to replace that little guy. Anyway, just go to any parts store and ask them for about 1 1/2 feet or so of rubber fuel line (only a couple bucks) and make the connection.

Bumblebee03

Established Member
Thank you so much. I just found the fitting (on the bottom of the intake right under the throttle body) it goes to. I am heading to the parts store to get the hose.

Users who are viewing this thread