What is this piece of plastic found in my engine?!?

Yellow_rag

Few SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey, i broke a in intake valve spring on my 03 Cobra. So, during disassembly my mechanic says he found this piece of plastic inside the same cylinder. Not sure if its related to the spring breaking or not but I'd like some ideas on where the plastic might have originated.

It had to be ingested at some point but there were no holes or leaks in the intake path and nothing we can find as the source. I thought it might be some of the teflon coming off the whipple rotors, but they look ok (although he didnt remove them completely).

It looks like it has a curve to it with about an inch diameter, but the curve could have been introduced later. The plastic is black and shiny on one side, matte on the other.

Blower only has about 5k miles on it, but has a 3in pulley. Regardless I wouldnt think the teflon would come off that easy. I dont race it much, just a 3rd gear burnout every now and then. Any ideas? Should I send the blower off to be checked? IMAG0143.jpgIMAG0142.jpg

Yellow_rag

Few SVT Poster
Established Member
Cant be that. I installed the whipple without RTV. The gasket is a coated steel from ford. Anyway, thanks for input.

Users who are viewing this thread