What is wrong with the Mach 1?

Colt .45

Established Member
Buddy got an eaton swap Mach tuned and dynoed today.

415 RWHP & 422 Torque

I was hoping for easy 450 rwhp. He has a 4lb lower pulley on it as well (stock upper). Running 12lbs of boost, the guy tried to add timing but the car didn't take well to it. Not sure in the final number on the timing. I'll have to ask tomorrow. But to me something seems a little off with the engine with those numbers. Never seen a eaton swap with that less hp. Even though the tuner said the a/f was spot on and it was a safe tune.
What should be the first thing to check out to see (if anything) is wrong?
Also he has an egr delete but it was not turned off in the tune. Could that e the cause?

Notable mods besides eaton
Long tubes
High flow cats
4.30 gears
Kenne bell bap
Focus pump

Here is a pic of the sheet.
dd5541c0.gif

Last edited:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I made 409380 on a completely stock mach with a eaton on 8 psi. Made 472/440 with the list of mods in my sig. With that lower pulley it will pick up more tq then hp. Could be part of the problem. I also ran 15* timing and 17* with the Killer Chiller. Im sure CATS arent helping either. Catback can be another reason the hp is low. Buddy picked up 60 tuned RWHP goin from flowmaster to a straight style muffler. On 12 lb and a stock motor i take it, it prolly wont/cant do much. Only so much you can do to make it safe running that much boost. They can only take so much PSI/HP. Could work out better to run a stock lower and a 3.4 upper? :shrug:

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
Is it a stock intake? Those will kill HP up top. And what belt are you running? It looks like slip up top too

Users who are viewing this thread