What is your opinion?

TripleTrouble

4CAM5.OH
Established Member
What long tube header and midpipe combo would sound the best with the magnaflow cat-back that is already on my dad's 04 Cobra? We are not looking for the loudest because the magnaflow cat-back is quiet and really sneeky and sounds really good. Also we need to keep the cats on so we will not have a problem with inspection. We hear that X-pipes flow better but give a raspy sound that we don't want. Keep in mind that he likes the sound of his 95 GTS that has mac equal lengths and mac cat-back with dumps. But he said that he will never buy mac products again because he went through 2 sets of tailpipes because they kept flaking and craking so we cut the tailpipes off and put dumps.
Thanks,:thumbsup:
Andrew

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I hear kooks makes and awesome set, not sure if they offer h or just x, but they do offer cats :thumbsup:

TripleTrouble

4CAM5.OH
Established Member
I hear kooks makes and awesome set, not sure if they offer h or just x, but they do offer cats :thumbsup:
I think they offer just X-pipes. Yeah their headers are probably the best but their prices are the highest ones I have seen for terminator headers. That might be something to think about though because they are probably the highest flowing headers on the market next to the SLP 1-3/4" long tubes. I don't know why I forgot about Kooks. Thanks for reminding me.:thumbsup:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i have MAC LT's, and a Lethal O/R X, and it sounds AMAZING. sounds sort of like an exotic mixed with a old big block muscle car.

its pretty loud outside the car, and with the windows down, when your on it, but very quiet at idle, and low RPM. then roll the windows up, mash it down, and it is QUIET. ive had people that have heard it from the outside ride in it with the windows up, and they cannot beleave how quiet it is fromt he inside with the windows up.

i also have my rear seat, and all the trunk insulation removed. it got a little louder inside, but not much.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
no problems with fitment, went right on. no problem with flaking, and yes they're ceramic.

only thing i suggest is re use the STOCK STEEL gaskets. and also, use grade 8 locking header bolts.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I have the Kooks LT's with a catted H and SLP LM1 CB... Insanely loud, probably the loundest thing I have ever heard in my entire life. I mean when I start the car I think the Earth stops for a brief second... But it hangs really low :shrug:

But for that little control over the world... I'll take it :lol1:

03zycobra

Established Member
What long tube header and midpipe combo would sound the best with the magnaflow cat-back that is already on my dad's 04 Cobra? We are not looking for the loudest because the magnaflow cat-back is quiet and really sneeky and sounds really good. Also we need to keep the cats on so we will not have a problem with inspection. We hear that X-pipes flow better but give a raspy sound that we don't want. Keep in mind that he likes the sound of his 95 GTS that has mac equal lengths and mac cat-back with dumps. But he said that he will never buy mac products again because he went through 2 sets of tailpipes because they kept flaking and craking so we cut the tailpipes off and put dumps.
Thanks,:thumbsup:
Andrew

Kooks longtubes with the JDM catted H or MRT catted H with Magnaflows is one of the best combos I have heard.

Fran

Established Member
From what I heard MAC products are getting better. I have been on the board now for over three years and the MAC complaints are not like they used to be. The video below has corsa mufflers, but I think they are the same type of straight through design as magnaflows. This car sounds good. (sounded better with the super 44's though)

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=CorsaRedMufflersMacLTsandMacCattedP.flv

Users who are viewing this thread