What kind of 1/4 times for a turbo/supercharged focus?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by flystinger
Curious, I know there are a few kits out there now for ZX3's (non SVT), horsepower ranges from 175-->190 with the kits ive looked at- what kind of 1/4 mile times does this translate to?:D

Prolly pretty darn skippy maybe high 13's??? just a guess though....

-Zach

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
seeing how S/Ced Tours are running mid-low14s, Id say Mid 14s in them.......now the FR200, that's a different story

Focused

Established Member
the only available SC out right now is the Jackson Racing roots blower. it has been proven already that it is not up to the performance standards that it should be. it ran somewhere in the low 15's or something like that. the car was a show car and had alot of show stuff (stereo etc.) so it had extra wait BUT it still didn't account for the disgusting times it got. it is known though, as said, that this kit isn't worth the money. some who have it say that it is good, although not enough to compete fully.

as for turbochargers, the aerocharger is putting out 200 whp and 230+ wtq. since these drivers are the first to have entered this direction, the fastest i have seen was 13.9 @99. and there are more Foci with more potential than the one that ran that 13.9. the aerocharger isn't the conventional turbo in that it is not upgradable (although they have 4 stages).

the fastest conventional turbo setup i have seen so far, is 14.5 @95. that was with full interior, 17's, no intercooler AND just under 5 psi. stock block, eibach springs and dampers.

Although there are more out there that have more potential than these two cars i have told of.

Focused

Established Member
Thanks, Scoriox...everyone else on the board. Cool to be here. nice format website to the creator. i like it. Let's try to get more publicity out there though. i don't think many people know about SVTperformance.com. i'll be glad to contribute with whatever if needed.

i'm Eric btw.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Well, I listed this as a favorite site on my registry at www.j-body.org You guys/gals definitely have a nice site here!

As for the times, my guess is it'll be running 14s. Get a nice exhaust/header/intake setup combined with cool weather/great tires/low weight and who knows.

Hey, will you have to beef up ZX3 internals (rods, pistons, etc.) to handle sizeable boost or will stock do the job?

I know that QUAD 4's in the j-body (Cavalier, Sunfire) aren't that great at dealing w/ high boost but the new 2001+ EcoTec engines are more suitable. Just curious about the ZX3, as it is a nice ride.

Users who are viewing this thread