what kind of fuel injectors? KB owners weigh in please

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
I've made up my mind tp purchase a KB Blower and I was wondering for those of you that have a KB and have upgraded your fuel injectors what kind did you get, who makes them and what was the cost? Just trying to do everything right the first time. Thanks.

mike5876

Established Member
stock inj..stock massair...no boost a pump...562rwhp @17psi with the a/f at 11.6 all the way across...patrick at diablo got it right friday..call them and save the bap and injector $$ mike oh yeah..also on a conservative superflow dyno..not a dynojet!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If I were to do the KB, I'd do 55lb injectors (Injector Dude), no BAP and a Diablo chip. I've heard from several good sources that 500hp is pushing it for the stock injectors. I'd also get the oilspray fix from Horsepower by Hermann because this engine is hard enough to keep clean as it is.

A little off topic...sorry.
mike5876...those are great numbers and the A/F sounds perfect. Why does your sig say your tune is still off??

boostin'03

Established Member
574 rwhp with only mods being 12" filter bassani cat-back, magnaflow x pipe, kb@17 psi with BAP, 50 lb injectors and a 90 mm idlier pulley. The run was with a 10.4 a/f ratio. So the car could make a lot more power.

coleman

Established Member
is this BAP not worth installing?
i thought i'd do their entire KB kit for starters and then change it up later...

mike5876

Established Member
i just changed my signature...the tune was off trying to make a 95 mm meter work...serious driveability issues...no it makes basically the same power only drives the way it should..like stock with about 200 more hp!

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Grover,

Yeah that ride was insane. I dont think third gear ever ended. My mind is completely made up now. Thanks again, it was a real thrill. Gotta get that dynoed now :)

Blades

Established Member
Damn. I gotta get one. Funds are lacking. You can probably order the KB without chip or boostapump for a lil less.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by mike5876
i just changed my signature...the tune was off trying to make a 95 mm meter work...serious driveability issues...no it makes basically the same power only drives the way it should..like stock with about 200 more hp!

Without the 95mm mass-air how are the correcting the pegged meter? What brand was the meter Pro-M or C&L?

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
All the ones we've done we have used the 55 injectors, not boost a pump. I feel it's easier to tune like this.

Rick, since Patrick and Willie do your tuning, why not talk to Patrick about how he got Mike's car to work perfectly on the stock injectors, stock MAF, and no BAP!

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
We've been doing this for a while now. We just turn up the voltage to the pump. Works fine but I'd rather not run the stock injectors at 95% duty cycle. The tend to over heat to easy and can make them fail. I'd rather underdrive a larger injector and be safe.

Rick

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Without the 95mm mass-air how are the correcting the pegged meter? What brand was the meter Pro-M or C&L?
A good tuner can work fine with and will often recomend you keep a stock meter. They can lay out a table to be used after the meter pegs so the car doesnt go lean.

BOOOOST

Established Member
Rick, got ya!

Also, as toofast4u asked, Mike was using a Pro-M FWIW. They tried at least 3 units with 55# calibrations.

davidmax

Established Member
On the K.B or ATI F series race blowers we use Bosch 50 Lb'ers and they work superb.You cant beat the price for a premium injector and it keeps your A/F constant up to 7500 rpm and beyond.
You can get hold of Mike at 480-517-4969/[email protected] and tell him Dave S. sent you and you will be well cared for.Good Luck Dave S.
PS Iuse the same series Bosch injectors mine are 94 Lb'ers and I keep the boost at 16-17 Lbs,and I have had it to 811 rrwhp,now I run either 715 which is where Sean likes to see it but I can download a CD for 748 or 765.This is all on 100+ octane and we keep 6x55 gallon drums at the shop of Sunnoco 109 which is metric for our 104,GREAT FUEL,just needs a bit of red line additive as these fuels dont contain a detergent package.The plugs come out rusty red after 1k miles,Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread