What kind of gas do you run?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
My friend is thinking about getting an 04 comp orange svt focus, but he was wondering what kind of gas they use. Like premium, or whatever.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
91+ anything lower and it's your fault when the high compression causes you to detonate the fuel befor the spark. = BOOM BOOM When I was at 16psi I was running 93* plus Lucas Oil Octain Booster, (keeps everything cleen, and ensures your at a save octain level), for the track I would mix to a 99* fuel rating. I'm back to 12psi now, I still run the 93*, but I only mix Lucas Oil Octain in every other fill up.

EDIT: BTW, the stock SVTF is tunned for 91*.

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
I usually put 89 in there then every fourth fill up I'll run 93. I haven't had any problems so far.
When is the last time you checked your plugs? Just because you have not "noticed" any problems yet, I dunno man, that's just scarry. I filled up ONCE with 89* (The highest I could find up north on a long trip, I almost ran out looking for higher) It gummed everything up, idled ruff, fouled the plugs. It still ran, but not something I would want to put my SVT through again. Why risk all that damage just to save 3 dollars every fill up?

Users who are viewing this thread