What kind of hp/tq on stock 3valve bottom? 2005 GT...

trickflow'd

"Stream-line Butterfly"
Established Member
Just curious if the car i just bought a month ago is leaving hp/tq on the table?

Here is the mod list:

bone stock 14k mile bottom
2.3L Whipple H.O. w/ 11psi Pulley and intercooled
SCT X-Cal 2 Tuner
34lb. Injectors
GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps
HT0 Spark Plugs
IAT Modification
Comp Cams Level 2 Camshafts 127300
Comp Cams Valve Springs
Comp Cams Titanium Retainers
Edelbrock Tensioner Brace
Pypes Off-Road H Pipe
Flowmaster Axle Back
SPEC 3+ Clutch
SPEC Aluminum Flywheel
McCleod Hydraulic Release Bearing

Car dyno'd 481/437 on a dynojet...this tune is very conservative, and I'm not looking to destroy the motor, but just curious if there is more in the car with a bigger pulley, etc and obviously keeping the tune safe, and preserving the bottom end.

Thanks!
Mike

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
3V rods do not enjoy boost. Enjoy the HP you have and start a short block fund. A few guys have gotten by with more and a lot of guys have not gotten by with less. Billet oil pump gears are a really good idea to add.

Last edited:

trickflow'd

"Stream-line Butterfly"
Established Member
Ok. It definitely runs good. I just like to see what my options are. I'd like to do a forged short block someday, but need to research what will work best. I'm not to familiar with boosted applications.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ok. It definitely runs good. I just like to see what my options are. I'd like to do a forged short block someday, but need to research what will work best. I'm not to familiar with boosted applications.

Our blocks are pretty scarce unless you buy an entire motor. I used mine before it blew and used a forged stroker rotating assembly from coast high performance. Many other options out there. Buying an entire shortblock is popular also. Guys can return to stock when they sell.

Staying under 6,500 RPM will help your stock rods live.

VaporGT

-
Established Member
3V rods do not enjoy boost. Enjoy the HP you have and start a short block fund. A few guys have gotten by with more and a lot of guys have not gotten by with less. Billet oil pump gears are a really good idea to add.

^This. Anything above 500rwhp is just begging for trouble.

stop2go41

Established Member
Your on the edge now, start saving your $$ for the next motor!! Great number on a 3 valve.

Users who are viewing this thread