What kind of numbers should I expect??

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
If I were to install Magnaflow X w/cats and Magnaflow Cat back with my current mods what kind of RWHP/RWTQ numbers should I expect to see?

I've not dyno'd my car yet but plan on having the shop (thats working on finding whatever is causing this stupid clunking in the rear end/IRS fixed every time I accelerate) install the exhuast and then Dyno it. They have a Dynojet Inground dyno if that makes a difference as far as numbers go.

I'm hopiing to see around 300, is that possible with my setup?

Thanks,

Adam

99vertcobra

Established Member
If I were to install Magnaflow X w/cats and Magnaflow Cat back with my current mods what kind of RWHP/RWTQ numbers should I expect to see?

I've not dyno'd my car yet but plan on having the shop (thats working on finding whatever is causing this stupid clunking in the rear end/IRS fixed every time I accelerate) install the exhuast and then Dyno it. They have a Dynojet Inground dyno if that makes a difference as far as numbers go.

I'm hopiing to see around 300, is that possible with my setup?

Thanks,

Adam

my vert dynoed 308/308 with only a pypes x pipe/ magnaflow exhaust and a tune oh and 4.10's

Lumpydogs

Established Member
I'll bet $1 that the rear end clunk is due to worn diff bushings. I don't know if it's related but i think the heat from my 4.10 gear accelerated the failure of the rubber in my stock diff bushings. I noticed Adam has 4.10s also.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
my vert dynoed 308/308 with only a pypes x pipe/ magnaflow exhaust and a tune oh and 4.10's
Those numbers are higher than normal for a 99.. I don't care if they had the "FIX", I think others would agree that guys with 01's in here seem to get higher RWHP and Torq than the 99's in close to stock form..

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
On a dynojet you're likley to see higher numbers then on a mustang dyno. I dyno'd my 99 cobra on a mustang dyno, everything was stock except a magnaflow catback and I put down 284/287.

Id be safe to say on a dynojet you will probably put down around 290.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Thank you for all the responses! What would it take other than long tubes to see the magically 300 RWHP number?

I had read a thread in the FAQ sticky stating one should stay away from Underdrive pullies for he 4V's I've had them on my 95 and my 2000 GT and loved them, but decided to hold off on getting them for my Cobra since everything I read there made since.

As far as the Cobra Clunk, I have already replaced the Differental Bushing with Full Tilt Boogie Racing Shopping Cart FT1200 & FT1300 pieces hoping that would do it....But it didn't. I actually thought it was the rear end when I purchased the Car 9 months ago but chalked it up to being something in the Rear End which didn't bother me because I knew I was putting 4:10 gears in and rebuilding the rear.

My next step will probably be to get the FT4000 (Complete Upper and Lower Delrin control arm set including hardcoated aluminum inner sleeves and stainless steel shimming washers.) If that is what it turns out to be, I guess it could be something broken...not sure, Hope to find this out Next Tuesday. IF that dont' fix it...I might just break down and get a SRA and be done with it! hehe

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I just had my 99 cobra tuned by lidio lackobeli owner of alternative performance. I'm not sure what dyno he has but his shop is awsome, any way my mods are jlt c.a.i, bbk o/r x pipe, flowmaster cat back, 4.10s, and mm flsfc's, my car put down 300 h.p / 300 tq. It was actually 299.6 h.p, but close enough.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I think low 290's is likely.

Not sure why 4 V aren't good with UDP's? If thinking S/C then no UDPs should be used.

How about aluminum flywheel or drive shaft?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
How about aluminum flywheel or drive shaft?

Horrible idea.

If the OP has every single other bolt on, and still is looking for more power..then these would be good options.

Couple hundred bucks for 5rwhp? No thanks.

Pick up an intake spacer, PSR, and longtubes and have yourself a good day. Not only would you get your magical number..you will have plenty of midrange torque as well as a nice peak HP in the high revs.

Just my two cents..

Brutal Metal

Established Member
yeah yours is an 01, haha!! And the intake spacer is still up for debate as far as I'm concerned, some guys say go for it others weren't impressed! The Mach1 guys seem to have more power success putting them on their intakes!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
you should see mid 290s

i saw 298/300 with a prochamber and fr500 catback

EDIT with the Tune and CAI you should be close to 300

Last edited:

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Thank you guys for all the responses....I should know somthing tomorrow about the clunking in the rear end, I'm just glad I'm not having to replace the tranny which is what I had all but boiled it down too. I figure since I was planning on spending around a grand on that, I might as well just plop that money down towards a nice stainless steel exhaust if this clunking can be repaired without needing too much.

I guess Long Tubes will have to be added to the short list of what else is left to do, I've always heard they were very benifitial but were a real PITA to install, Damn I wish I had a lift at my house! hehe

Thanks,

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread