What kind of numbers with C heads, cams, ported/short runner intake?

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Instead of doing a whole motor im thinking of doing what the title says. Somone on here claimed 380rwhp. Im asking you all because I want to know what numbers typically come out of this setup with a tune? Thanks

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Short runners don't offer great peak power gains but the gains after peak (6500-7000)are in the 20-30rwhp range. So, if you shift at below 6900 you won't be any quicker in the 1/4. There are also some losses down low with a short runner.

With that, it's possible to get 370rwhp (dynojet SAE) with 03/04 heads and a ported intake. This can be done with cams that can use stock valve springs. Actual gains depend a lot on engine condition, gears, dyno used, and the aggressiveness of the tune.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
stock C heads?
What cams? Degreed?
Exhaust mods?
Underdrives?
What intake pipe?
380 rwhp sounds high but I need the details!l

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
stock C heads? yup, well some with a good valve job.
What cams? Degreed? Custom
Exhaust mods? LTs, off road X
Underdrives? March fluid dampener
What intake pipe? stock with K&N filter
Intake Manifold? Ported

380 rwhp isn't out of the question,

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I have steeda pulleys, o/r h with blowmasters, and jlt cai with410's right now. Im thinking I will have long tubes, custom cams, stock03-04 heads, with a ported 99/2001 intake, with 456's or 430's. Does that help? Thanks!!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have steeda pulleys, o/r h with blowmasters, and jlt cai with410's right now. Im thinking I will have long tubes, custom cams, stock03-04 heads, with a ported 99/2001 intake, with 456's or 430's. Does that help? Thanks!!

Long tubes are needed if you want the most out of it.
4.30s/4.56s won't increase hp, in fact they'll lower the dyno number.
Do not go with stock heads, at least get a good valve job from a shop that has some experieince with mod motor heads.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
^^Yea I know gears will lower the numbers, thats why I included that in my description so you didnt think I was keeping the 410's on. The guy who dyno'd 380 had stock gears as well. Thanks for the tip for the heads. Now its just searching for good prices, thanks!! My motor still runs pretty strong with 111k on it so im hoping for around 340rwhp. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread