What kind of pulley is this?

slick4_6

Established Member
Looking at buying a used Cobra. This is the best pic of the motor that Ive got. Trying to figure out as much about whats been done before I drive 45 miles to go look at it.

Looks like a 2.8 pulley with maybe some idlers. Figured the easiest thing to do would be ask the experts.
A319105-4.jpg

ALA G8R

Banned
slick4_6 said:
Looking at buying a used Cobra. This is the best pic of the motor that Ive got. Trying to figure out as much about whats been done before I drive 45 miles to go look at it.

Looks like a 2.8 pulley with maybe some idlers. Figured the easiest thing to do would be ask the experts.
A319105-4.jpg

Looks like a knock off of the SFPHQ DUB design. Looks like a 2.80 judging from the size.

ModsAway

Established Member
and there does not appear to be an idler (add the 100mm idler if you buy it).

More importantly perhaps is make sure he had the car tuned after that pulley install, you don't want to buy a busted engine (or about to be busted).

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
2.80 in size and it looks like a DUB to me also. It does not have the aftermarket tensioner but it does look like it has the Metco idlers as replacements to the stampsteel stock parts. One of my stock idlers failed on my car and i replaced them all with the billet Metco parts. And as someone else said...a kenny brown STB.

BruntzySVT

Established Member
slick4_6 said:

A319105-4.jpg
never seen a pulley like that but def a 2.8 and some idlers! Why would you want a modded car, get a stock one and have your fun with it!

slick4_6

Established Member
A modded car wouldnt be my first choice but its the best price I have seen advertised for a local car. Its got 48000 and the advertised price is $23900. I know its not impossible to buy one for a similiar price but the advertised price is what caught my attention.

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
looks to me like a JDM 2.8 along with their idlers who i believe metco makes them??

vipergts281

Established Member
slick4_6 said:
A modded car wouldnt be my first choice but its the best price I have seen advertised for a local car. Its got 48000 and the advertised price is $23900. I know its not impossible to buy one for a similiar price but the advertised price is what caught my attention.
That's actually kind of high if you ask me....mileage is killing it. Is it a vert?

Users who are viewing this thread