What kind of springs are you guys putting on?

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Does anybody have any pictures of their 03 lowered cobra? I am thinking about tradding my 01 for an 03. I have steeda springs on my 01 now and scrape sometimes going in and out of my driveway. I know the 03 weighs more so I want to see my options. I am guessing that the springs on my 01 will fit the 03?

JC

RossSVT

Established Member
I should have some pics buy the end of the week. I chose to go with H&R springs. I have seen an 03 lowered with this set up and it looks terriffic. No apparent scraping and no complaints from the owner.

Silver 03 Cobra

I cut my springs. I have read that the car would ride rough or would bounce. My buddy did the live axle swap with his wife's GT vert. The vert springs really jacked up the ass on his 03. We called Kenny Brown and they said they had GT springs in stock. After a week we called and they said they were wrong and that they would ship in two weeks. We decided to cut the springs. It rode nearly as good as stock and it looked darn good.

After watching Mark pull away and seeing how good it looked, I decided to cut my rear and leave the fronts alone. I cut one full coil off the rear that was a little too much to match the front and I guess the difference shifted enough weight off the front and it actually rose a little. I cut the fronts this past weekend. The car rides nearly as good as stock. You can feel a little more road vibe in the wheel but not much and it does bounce of bumps and the rebound is perfect. I ran it on the interstate at 80 mph and it was fine. I have a little over a inch gap between the tire and the fender front and back. I cut 3/4 coil off the fronts. I'm glad I did it and it looks really good.

Sin

Established Member
Steeda Sport Springs...Probably would have gotten something else but I got a 100.00 gift card for christmas from a friend. But they have been fine..no complaints

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Steeda......... Competition Fronts (1000 lb rate), Street / Competition Rears (750 - 850) vs. stock 600 lb rate. Stock shocks for now......Steeda says they are plenty sufficent......we'll see how long they last. The car corners awesome and rides very much like stock. Not too high, not too low. I can def. tell the rear is lower but I didn't measure it before and after.

Last edited:

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Steeda cobra sport springs pic's & writeup...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34092

Since the pic's - the springs have settled appx. < 1/4" + I added wheel spacers. IMO, the Steeda springs looks/performs great.

No complaints here - as long as you don't mind having to 'negotiate' speed bumps, etc. to avoid scraping...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread