What kind of tonneau cover is this and where to find it??

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Dont know whos truck this is but i like the cover. What brand and where to find if someone knows please.

HPIM1177_sized.jpg

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
The guy lives in Spring TX. on the north side of Houston, I believe... It looks like a Snug Top with the spoiler/fin attachment.. You will have to order top and fin separately because, a different company makes the fin... I will see if I can find the links....

Last edited:

Ginther

Established Member
Like others have said...... it's an Innovations Pro Sport tonneau. They went out of business in late 2006. So now the only way to get one is to find a used one. :shrug:

I like the wing on the Innovations better than the Gaylords Speedsturr. It lays down more, with a little lower profile. Dont get me wrong though, the Gaylords looks good too. :thumbsup:

But in all honesty, the Innovations build quality isn't as good as my old Gaylords X2000 cover, and the Innovations hinge system sucks ass, especially compared to the Gaylords X2000 hinges, which are just awesome. :bowdown:

I tried but could not get the Gaylords hinges to work on my Innovations, trust me, I tried. But it would have been way too much work. :(

Anyone who is looking at getting a Gaylords Speedstur, do it. And upgrade to the x2000 hinges if possible. You wont regret it.

Of course I gotta throw in a pic of my tonneau:

LightningOct07-003.gif

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Of course I gotta throw in a pic of my tonneau:

LightningOct07-003.gif

so is this pic of the Gaylords or the old Innovations? Also, do you have to remove the factory plastic liner to put these on? They're such low profile it seems you'd have to.

Ginther

Established Member
so is this pic of the Gaylords or the old Innovations? Also, do you have to remove the factory plastic liner to put these on? They're such low profile it seems you'd have to.

That pic is of my Innovations lid. I sold my Gaylords cuz it did not have the speedsturr wing.

And no, you do not have to remove the plastic edge cap liner things on the bed.

Here's a pic with the lid open:

Innovations004.gif

This is my old Gaylords lid:

L5-24-073.gif

And the Gaylords x2000 hinges:

LHome006.gif

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my Gaylords x2000 with the speedstur, it looks like it was made for truck from the factory. The bedrug makes it essentialy a huge trunk, which is perfect for me. My only complaint is I'd just love to get down to one remote, ive got one for the tonneau and then the ford factory remote. My keys look like a mini set of numchucks.

Crappy cellphone pics
1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

CowlSS

King Mufasa Asshole
Established Member
The wheels were borroowed off Mike's truck. I know Mike is going to appreciate the dumpster shot.:-D

Thanks Ron! :D

It's funny just how much stuff gets passed around. Looking at the pictures posted, my wheels have been on the Milk Truck, Gared's truck, and both my red Lightnings. My old tonneau from the other red truck is now on Fuzzie's truck, and my ProSport is now on Ginther's truck. :-D

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Thanks Ron! :D

It's funny just how much stuff gets passed around. Looking at the pictures posted, my wheels have been on the Milk Truck, Gared's truck, and both my red Lightnings. My old tonneau from the other red truck is now on Fuzzie's truck, and my ProSport is now on Ginther's truck. :-D

Lol... I thought I was going crazy getting your trucks mixed up. Don't feel so bad now..:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread