What kind of wax and how much to pay?

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
I am looking for the best wax to protect my paint and give it a glossy look. I have heard Zaino is the product to use...i used Zymol on my Z28 but i don't remember it being that great.

Along with a recommendation please provide a source to purchase from...preferably the least expensive source!

Any suggestions are appreciated

Bryan

2000 MGT

I use Zymol on my Mustang and the silver has a very nice rich, deep shine. However, I usually buff my car with polish before waxing so that plays into it. I also make sure to claybar it before I wax.

I say use Zymol or Zaino; those would be my 2 choices.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Ive used allmost everything a one time or another and in my opinion Zaino is by far the best......the firs applicaiton is time consuming but well worth it after that its prety much the same as using wax (zaino is a polish).you can get it at zainobros.com

as far as wax goes I think Meguiers gold is probably the best

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I just put the collision insurance back on the car...so before taking it out on Saturday, I washed, clay bar'd, and polished the Cobra with Zaino....again. It was after work on Friday so I ran out of day light and finished in the garage. I had a painters light so I could really see what I was doing. Now, a bright light in a black car shows EVERY flaw. After 2 coats of the swirl remover I could barely see any swirls. I put on 1 coat of the Z2 and the car just looked like glass. This is the most reflective polish I've ever used hands down.

I just did the wifes car with ClearKote. Works very well for the money and little amount of time it takes to apply it. It does look a little "wetter" than the Zaino...but the Zaino just looks like glass.

Only complaint about Zaino is it does take a long time to finish...but then again I put on 3 layers of Zaino:beer:

Oh, just go to www.zainobros.com and order there. They have a "starter kit" tha has everything you need.

Last edited:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Megulars Gold is not bad, but on my White Cobra, I find that Turtle Wax is nice and durable, makes it shine like a new penny and is very reasonable $4.99 at Advance Auto, BTW use the paste to get best results, and do one section at a time.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Used Mguires, Zaino, blah blah. Just tried out clearKote, and the stuff is amazing. I have pics I can send to you (just did it yesterday) cuz I cant post em on here anymore???

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Don't even think about Eagle1 Wet...spent 6 hrs waxing...about a month later it didn't even bead...but oh well...trying Meguiars next..

Juiced-03

Established Member
If you want a local option, go pick up some Meguiars NXT wax. If you want a VERY good product, go to Specialymotoring.com and buy the Clearkote Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose wax. Those are some of the best products I have used, and I have tried them all. I am also a detailer so if you need any tips or suggestions, feel free to ask me!

Zgarske01

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I am also a detailer so if you need any tips or suggestions, feel free to ask me!

i have a question then im interested in buffing my car what kind of buffer should i get or will any buffer i can pick up at wal mart for 20 bucks be suitable .... i my self cant imagine this being anygood at all.... thx

nugen

Established Member
I just tried Clearkote and it rocks :rockon:. It is so easy to use and the results are great. www.specialtymotoring.com. I got the killer combo and added some Quickshine. Get the Quickshine! I still use Eagle1 Wet on my tires though. As far as buffers go you will want a random orbit buffer to fight off them swirl marks. Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread