what law is being broken when...

d-nice

Established Member
If you end up in the crosswalk, I would say obstruction of the crosswalk?:shrug:

SCMOKN

Established Member
Technically I believe running a red light or failure to obey traffic signals, but it generally is not enforced.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
sorry guys but i need to know the specific law. i am having a discussion with someone who says that there is no law saying your not to go past the solid white line.

exdeath

Established Member
Statute | Kansas State Legislature

Statute | Kansas State Legislature

8-1508. Traffic-control signal legend. Whenever traffic is controlled by traffic-control signals exhibiting different colored lights, or colored lighted arrows, successively one at a time or in combination, only the colors green, red and yellow shall be used, except for special pedestrian signals carrying a word legend, and said lights shall indicate and apply to drivers of vehicles and pedestrians as follows:

(c) Steady red indication. (1) Vehicular traffic facing a steady circular red or red arrow signal alone shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain standing until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3) of this subsection. Any turn provided for in said paragraphs (2) and (3) shall be governed by the applicable provisions of K.S.A. 8-1545, and amendments thereto.

Just refer your friend to K.S.A 8-1508c

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
In VA it's either 46.2-830, Failo to Obey a Highway Markings/Signs, or if far enough into the intersection, 46.2-833, Fail to Obey Red Light

Users who are viewing this thread