• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

What makes this exhaust sound?

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Mit5005, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Mit5005

Mit5005 Member Established Member

My dad's vert doesn't sound too much like any other terminator that I have heard. It's whippled and has headers, o/r x-pipe, and magnaflows or borla mufflers (I forgot what the old owner told us). I am not sure what type of headers or brand of x-pipe or anything like that, but I'm basically asking what makes the sound more raspy than normal?

I have an 03 with only flowmaster cat-back and my dad and I both prefer the sound of mine better with the normal rumble that cobras have. Could valve-work change the sound at all? Previous owner claims 600 rwhp.

I apologize for the crappy video, maybe I got to close. Oh and yes, the rear lights are being changed.

Car Videos on StreetFire

2. DSGWhippedSnake

DSGWhippedSnake Right you are ken Established Member

Change the mufflers/catback to something else. It's a combination of everything but the muffler style will change the sound the most, along with changing the off road x pipe to a catted unit. Cats will take most of the rasp out of any muffler setup

3. 03SonicBlur

03SonicBlur Member Established Member

+1

4. svtaddict

svtaddict Active Member Established Member

try a catted h

5. cobra=trouble

cobra=trouble New Member Established Member

Igot kook.lts and no cats kooks x pipe borla.stingers yes Raspy! I hate. But you have to live with it or get a very load stereo system.
    my old.set.up had stock logs bass no cat x pipe Mac back system it was much better no much rasp.if any.
    my kooks.LT seem to have more.of.a.deep rumble.to them now.even.though I have not drove it as of yet waiting on tune. Mod.motors.sound different the say pushrod motors I love.sound of my 408W