What mls/cometic head gasket to use

01poison320

Established Member
Ok I am pulling my motor next weekend and since its probably the only time I have to have it out(its my daily driver but brother is gone to college so theres an extra car at home currently) I am going to go ahead and put in some arp head studs and some nice head gaskets.
Now my problem is I dont know ANYTHING about these and theres a great deal on some trickflow mls ones on summit. Only thing I am lost on is that it says theyre for 92.2mm bore size and I know the factory bore size on a 4.6 is 91.2. So is that gasket still ok to use or does it have to be exact on sizes?

On a sidenote I am doing this because my lt's need rewelded as I cheaped out and the ticking from the blown weld by the head is unbearable for any longer :mj:. I am doing the studs and gaskets cause I am somewhat strapped for money currently and these are relatively cheap and I have a turbo that I plan on eventually putting on the stock motor at 9psi til I can afford to build something so this is my reassurance to help the motor last a little longer I suppose lol.

Thanks for any info and input guys.

01poison320

Established Member
Hey cyberdude where did you find those gaskets at? Because I have been searching for them and cant seem to find that part number and head gaskets anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread