What mods? Fill me in on the secrets

Trmin8r

Established Member
Just bought a 1994 Lightning. It has World Product JR. heads, Bassini headers, MSD ignition, and Flowmasters. What do I do now? Where is a good site to purchase 1st Gen lightning parts?
Thanks!
John

95 thunder

Established Member
nitrous is nice also but as you proably know it's all in the tune(so make sure you got her right)...i have it and love it...as mentioned supercharger is the the bad boy , underdrive pulleys and shift kit and k&n filter are some cheap mods that make a bit of difference also...summitt/jegs are of course first place that comes to mind...that can hook you up on aftermarket parts as you proably know....do you have the center seat? i know it's not a performance thing but if you dont you will soon find out some parts (stock) are very hard to come by on these trucks and some are not...center seats are like finding needle in haystack (just in case you did not know) and they bring big money, good luck with it...

Last edited:

tk2

Established Member
do you have the center seat? i know it's not a performance thing but if you dont you will soon find out some parts (stock) are very hard to come by on these trucks and some are not...center seats are like finding needle in haystack (just in case you did not know) and they bring big money, good luck with it...

So are the original floor mats. If you have them and they're in good shape, tuck them away somewhere. They will bring top dollar.

wayne's93

home school'd
Established Member
Trmin8r said:
Just bought a 1994 Lightning. It has World Product JR. heads, Bassini headers, MSD ignition, and Flowmasters. What do I do now? Where is a good site to purchase 1st Gen lightning parts?
Thanks!
John
nloc.net

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
tk2 said:
So are the original floor mats. If you have them and they're in good shape, tuck them away somewhere. They will bring top dollar.

wow they do? do you how much they go for?

tk2

Established Member
Lightning Kid said:
wow they do? do you how much they go for?
The originals with the lightning logo embroidered along the the side I've seen go for outrageous prices on ebay. Depends on the condition though. I've seen some mats that were never used go for about $200 to maybe $400. :uh oh:

95 thunder

Established Member
yeah i did not bring up the mats (but know) i am not complaining cause i have my original mats and they are in sweet shape, but i am sorry i would never pay over $50 for a set of mats, i just dont get that one much, but i am proably the odd man on that.....

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I dont have the originals in mine, but I would prolly never spend $200+ for FLOORMATS! I know they're nice and valuable, but come on, are you actually going to use something that you paid $200+ for to step on?!

95 thunder

Established Member
yeah soul rebel, actually what i did after knowing they bring big money was to cover them up with rubber ford mats, i was debating on putting them in a safety deposit box along with the center seat ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread