What mustang do you think will be worth the most?

Matt94GT

Established Member
What 79-present mustang including the new shelby cobra will be worth the most in 40-50 years time and why?

------

I have the say the 1993 Mustang Cobra R because there rare, that is the true well known collector R car, and I think in the future foxbodies will be saught after. Yes there much more boring then the 00R but im still thinking they will be worth a lot. Also think the 95' S351 will be up there.

Id say 93R/00R/S351 are my 3.

Last edited:

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
my guess would be the special editions that most people dont hear about...the ones that get like 2-5 made and thats it. but the shelbys and the machs of the early years are fetching a small fortune right now!

Matt94GT

Established Member
yeah some classics are worth a lot. im talking 79+ though.

what were some of these rare cars, i know there were quite a few in the foxbody days I remember seeing some weird blue fox GT style one that was like 1 in 5 made on ebay a while back.

I bet the new shelby will be worth quite a bit too?

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
probably a '00R because of rarity and the fact that many are garage queens (at least those owned outside of svtperformance)

And on a side note 500 posts and it only took me 2 and a 1/2 years haha

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
67-68 Shelby GT350's and 500's.
69-70 Boss 302's 429's
68 GT390's (cuz of Bullitt)
Terminators
2000 Cobra R's

Matt94GT

Established Member
Yes we know the Boss, and Shelbys will be worth a assload. But im talking present mustangs well 79 and up.

Suprised no one agrees with the 93R or 95 S351, I agree with you all the 00R will be right up there.

What about the new shelby cobra, anyone know production numbers yet...?

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
Matt94GT said:
yeah some classics are worth a lot. im talking 79+ though.

what were some of these rare cars, i know there were quite a few in the foxbody days I remember seeing some weird blue fox GT style one that was like 1 in 5 made on ebay a while back.

I bet the new shelby will be worth quite a bit too?

rare cars that were made by kenny brown, roush, steeda, and the other custom places. i am not talking about the ones that 50 -500 are made. sometimes these guys will make like 1-5 cars that are really highly modified under a dealer program or special order. example is like a 400r or something along those lines though i think they made more than 5 of that example.

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
Matt94GT said:
Yes we know the Boss, and Shelbys will be worth a assload. But im talking present mustangs well 79 and up.

Suprised no one agrees with the 93R or 95 S351, I agree with you all the 00R will be right up there.

What about the new shelby cobra, anyone know production numbers yet...?
sorry, didnt notice the 79 and up thing.
1993 Cobra R
2000 Cobra R
Saleen s281-e's
07 GT 500

Matt94GT

Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
rare cars that were made by kenny brown, roush, steeda, and the other custom places. i am not talking about the ones that 50 -500 are made. sometimes these guys will make like 1-5 cars that are really highly modified under a dealer program or special order. example is like a 400r or something along those lines though i think they made more than 5 of that example.

u got a link to any of these just cerious.

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
my friend has a 93 cobra that is 1 of 7 in the color/interior/blah blah blah combination. its really not worth anymore than a regular cobra. that movie gone in 60 seconds made the prices of the shelby gt500's go through the roof for a while! actually i think they still are through the roof!

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
Matt94GT said:
u got a link to any of these just cerious.

i will copy/paste some tomorrow. i am at the work comp right now. usually i read about them in magazines, that is how i know they exist. but i have never seen one, nor ever really heard about them on here. but yes, i will get some links in here if i can.

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
10th anniv Cobras, 1000 verts and 1002 coupes. They should fetch good money in 20 or so years.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thats all the 10th annv. cobras they made?? I see those things all over the place. There has to be like 10 of them on ebay alone. I think the S351 will be worth quite a bit because those seem to be pretty rare. Also, the Mystichrome cobras and any of the R code cobras. Seems that they didn't make many orange terminators either (less than mystichrome I think) so those should be damn rare.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
NOT the terminators! You cant walk down the street around here without tripping over 3 of them...

Cobra-r's, maybe even the svo's (since i dont see many of them anymore)

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
There are quite a few fake 10th cars since they started selling the parts for them, not saying they are going to be the most expensive but they should do allright. Hell in 20 years a 1985 T/A will be old school and command high prices.

Users who are viewing this thread