What my car worth?

RedFire2003

Established Member
Just curious as to what you all think I could get for the car if I were to sell it private party.
2003 Redfire Coupe
11,500 miles Very good condition.

Mods include:
Kenne Bell
T.B
BBK CAI
BBK long tubes
BBK o/r X-pipe
Flo-master cat-back
boost a pump
boost a spark
18 inch polished AFS wheels
Cobra R hood
Lowering springs
kenne brown hard launch kit
Extreme matrix bars
subframe connectors
jacking rails
nitrous express wet kit
NOS purge
bottle heater
6 point kenne brown cage
pro 5.0 shifter
tinted windows
afco heat exchanger
moto blue idler pulley
flip-chip
5 point simpson harness's
drive shaft saftey loop
rear strut tower brace
Auto meter gauges including air/fuel, boost, water temp, oil pres, and fuel pres.
and theres probly a few other things im forgetting to mention
also have a lot of the stock parts including the wheels and eaton.

Last edited:

RedFire2003

Established Member
are you telling me this to try to hurt my feelings? You honestly think that my car is worth less then a stock 03?

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
I'll give you $14.95.

Take the offer while you still have a chance.

Haha.

On a serious note: You should know that mods will not increase the value of the car. Unless you sell it to some fanatic that happens to fall in love with the mods you have (I know I would) and that would be willing to pay a little more for it.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
are you telling me this to try to hurt my feelings? You honestly think that my car is worth less then a stock 03?

your car is used. Mods do not increase the value of your car...I took a huge hit while sellingmy heavily modified explorer sport.:nonono:

A new 03 coupe with 0 miles is 28K or so. A used stock 03 coupe with 11K miles is 23-24K. Given your mods, I assume you have about 8K into it. So if you look @ the 24K price, and give yourself 1/2 of the value of the mods...you are at 28K. Personally if I were in the market, I would buy your car B4 a new one, if the price was the same.:beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I would pay less for a modded Cobra with less than 36K because the warranty is el-gonno. Personally, pull the parts and roll back to stock. You should be better off selling the parts.:thumbsup:

BTW, how much for the blower kit? ;-)

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Put it in the special interest car buyers market with a nice color photo and bold lettered words for your mod list you will net 34-36k.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
When you went looking for a cobra, did you look for a heavily modified car, or stock car? The mods don't increase the resale value of your car. To me mods mean the car was most likely beaten, or at least driven by a much more agressive driver. Not to mention you are picking an aweful time to try to sell a 03 cobra, considering how many new 03's are still sitting around gathering dust on dealers lots.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Someones junk is someone elses treasure. It cant hurt to waste $20 and try??

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yep.....agree with Dgussin. Sounds like an awesome car, but the mods won't help the value much. They are so aggessive that it indicates a car that was most likely driven to exploit them. Demodding is such a pain in the a.....better to take the hit and move on?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Or, keep your car and enjoy the mods for the money you spent on them.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Or, keep your car and enjoy the mods for the money you spent on them.

That is the best thing to do. Your car to any outside buyer is only worth what the blue book tells them. Like someone else said above, the parts that you buy are not going to increase the value, but instead make a buyer aware that the car has been rode hard and put up wet. Take it back to stock, and tell the buyier about what was done to it in the past. Sell the parts on ebay or to people here, and you will see more of your money back.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
My personal philosophy on heavily modified, used Cobras...

Any value added by modifications is negated by the fact that the car now has no drivetrain warranty.

Although your car has thousands in mods, it also has thousands in potential problems as a result. As a cautious Cobra buyer, I have to wonder a few things about any heavily-modded car...

1) Was everything installed properly?
2) Was the car tuned correctly?
3) Has the car been driven easily?

If the answer to any of the above questions is "no", then I've got a potential major liability on my hands...because the car has no warranty. Why risk it when I can go buy a leftover '03 for well under $30K that will come with a warranty.

Personally, the mods you have wouldn't make me want to pay more for your car. I would just view it as a used Cobra with 12K miles and no warranty...and the number I'd be willing to pay is probably too low to post. ;-) :p

-Greg

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
I agree with the majority above. Put it back to stock and sell the parts..alot more trouble, but probably 3k more in cash.

BPU had one of the cleanest cobra's around and sold in the low 30's.

MODCOBRA has Recaro's, CCW's, Apten, etc etc and 5400 miles and is selling for 27.5K..I would buy his if I didn't own one already.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
I would pay less for a modded Cobra with less than 36K because the warranty is el-gonno. Personally, pull the parts and roll back to stock. You should be better off selling the parts.:thumbsup:

BTW, how much for the blower kit? ;-)

If you are buying that car you are lot buying it for the warranty. Also the warranty isn't "El Gono". The drivetrain warranty yes but not the whole warranty.

That car is worth atleast 30k. Thats a 35k car with 10k+ in mods. Believe it or not there are people that would buy an "already mod'd cobra". New 45k car != 28000 with 10000 miles.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Well, I guess the only way to find out is to put the car up for sale for around $35K and see if anyone bites. If no one does, there's your answer. You can always reduce your price but it's hard to raise your price. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread