what oil grade and brand are you using on terminators?

04silversnake

Established Member
I started using motorcraft 5w20 because is the one ford recomended for our cars, and I heard is the one to use for break in period. Ofcourse I didnt buy it in the dealer since it was $7.95 a bottle, what a rip off. I found it in Autozone the exact same bottle for $1.79 a bottle, Also Wallmart sells it even cheaper for $1.4X the bottle. But I would like to switch to synthetic, I heard that Mobil 1 is very good, but which grade? is Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 the one to use? and every how many miles should I do the oil change. I like to go to the strip at least once a month, and run my engine healthy.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
yes but you can search for "synthetic" and thats what silversnake had a question about.:thumbsup:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I use walmart brand, the really cheap stuff, straight 50 weight. 5 quarts, plus 2 bottles of lucus oil... the really thick stuff. Sometimes I top it off with 80\90 gear oil.

schropper

Established Member
Amsoil series 2000 for the engine, and amsoil 85-90 in the rear end, and amsoil ATF for the tranny. The only true synthetic.

cobracory

Established Member
I just had an oil change done last week - was at approx 10,500km and made the switch to synthetic.
Picked up 4.4L + 2 x 1L containers of Mobil-1 5w30 from Wal-Mart.
Went to the dealership to have them do it, and was $13CAD for the labour and filter. Oil was $49CAD.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
NOO!!! NOT ANOTHER OIL POST!!! OHH THE HUMANITY!!! Search is up again people.

By the way, Amsoil 0W-30 :beer:

Jim Moss

Established Member
After 2.5K I had it changed at the dealer, then at 5K It switched to Amsoil—0w-30 in the fall/winter and 5w-30 in the spring/summer.

Users who are viewing this thread